PDA

View Full Version : Joel please help !!!!!!

canteathorns
03-04-2010, 09:26 PM
Bought firecat tr1 had it 3 days . Theres a little jump at the end of my draw cycle noticed one of the inner cables runs in the track till im with in half inch of full draw then it rides the lip . Then just as i hit full draw it falls into place . Had cable twisted at bow shop .cured about half the problem. What do i do? Will it hurt the bow to keep shooting ? Would love some help!

alex
03-05-2010, 06:19 AM
I can't understand people who are asked politely not to do something and they do it, expecting to be rewarded :rolleyes:

treadwayc
03-05-2010, 10:32 AM
Bought firecat tr1 had it 3 days . Theres a little jump at the end of my draw cycle noticed one of the inner cables runs in the track till im with in half inch of full draw then it rides the lip . Then just as i hit full draw it falls into place . Had cable twisted at bow shop .cured about half the problem. What do i do? Will it hurt the bow to keep shooting ? Would love some help!

Martin Tech Support Hours

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Martin Tech Support does not respond to all questions on this board. If you have an issue with a Martin Product that requires technical support, please visit the contact page of the Martin Website. Also, feel free to call 1-509-529-2554 with any questions. Martin Tech Support is available Monday - Friday, PST 8:00AM - 4:30PM, excluding weekends.

Thank you.

bfisher
03-05-2010, 11:25 AM
Along with what the other guys have said, I'm digesting what you say is wrong and I think that the cams might not be timed correctly---yet. Which one is late getting to the stop position?

bowgramp59
03-05-2010, 05:08 PM
tr- 1 is a single cam! check the spacers on either side of the cam. i had a moab those spacers were switched made the cable ride up on the draw length mod. then would drop in place made a clicking sound 1 spacer is thicker than the other . if switched will put cam out of line, one thing to look for. holding the bow like you were going to shoot the thin spacer should be on the left. now thats on a moab i'm not sure obout the tr 1 might be the same might not.

bfisher
03-05-2010, 06:40 PM
tr- 1 is a single cam! check the spacers on either side of the cam. i had a moab those spacers were switched made the cable ride up on the draw length mod. then would drop in place made a clicking sound 1 spacer is thicker than the other . if switched will put cam out of line, one thing to look for. holding the bow like you were going to shoot the thin spacer should be on the left. now thats on a moab i'm not sure obout the tr 1 might be the same might not.

OOOps, my bad--reading that is. We're not discussing a dual cam.

For what it's worth the TR1 is the same bow as the Moab. Just renamed and has the 2010 updates.

Montalaar
03-06-2010, 01:09 AM

I might add that this is for a RH bow. So if someone has a LH bow everything should be reversed. :)

Spiker
03-06-2010, 03:17 PM
If the bow is a TR-1 its a 2010 model with the Acu-Trak cam and should have sholdered bearings with no spacers between the cam and limbs shouldnt it ??

bfisher
03-06-2010, 07:49 PM
If the bow is a TR-1 its a 2010 model with the Acu-Trak cam and should have sholdered bearings with no spacers between the cam and limbs shouldnt it ??

That's what I hear, but when I got all the new parts to update my 2008 FireCat to 2010 the cams had four thin washers to install; one each side of each cam. Whether the TR1 is the same or not I don't know.

Spiker
03-07-2010, 06:41 AM
Thats interesting. They have a TR-1 and a Pantera at a nearby shop. Guess I will go give them a close look soon as I'm in the area.

Spiker
03-07-2010, 07:22 AM
Are the strings routed and crossed correctly?
I have a 2010 model that came from the factory with the cables crossed on the wrong side of the slide.