PDA

View Full Version : New shadowcat question

Unregistered
03-06-2010, 02:08 PM
Does anyone know what the string and cable length would be on the cat2 cam on the new Shadowcat?

Montalaar
03-08-2010, 05:00 AM
Hi. I have seen you posted your question also at AT.

If you get a useful answer please write me a pm or so. Same username there. I am searching for the same information.

alex
03-08-2010, 06:06 AM
My not useful answer is - 1/2 inch longer then the standard ;) :D

scepterman30x
03-08-2010, 06:28 AM
I will look at my sticker tonight when I get home and let ya'll know. I think it said it was 59" string and a 45.5" cables (for the Cat 1.5 cams) but don't "" me on that yet.

scepterman30x
03-08-2010, 06:32 AM
For the std. Cats I would have to say they are 63.5" string and 47" control cables.

Montalaar
03-08-2010, 06:38 AM
Thanks. So this is for the 1.5.

What do i need for the 2.0 then?

I wrote a mail to Joel via Facebook but as he told anyone some wweks ago that he will not answer cs-questions via facebook....

scepterman30x
03-08-2010, 09:58 AM
Thanks. So this is for the 1.5.

What do i need for the 2.0 then?

I wrote a mail to Joel via Facebook but as he told anyone some wweks ago that he will not answer cs-questions via facebook....

The 2.0 is the Std. cam I believe...anyone correct me if I'm wrong. So if I am correct see post #5.

Montalaar
03-08-2010, 10:22 AM
Okay.

So if anyone here has the Shadowcat with 1.5 we could confirm this. On the Shadowcat the 1.5 is the standard configuration so i am not THAT sure.

Thanks anyway!

scepterman30x
03-08-2010, 11:54 AM
Okay.

So if anyone here has the Shadowcat with 1.5 we could confirm this. On the Shadowcat the 1.5 is the standard configuration so i am not THAT sure.

Thanks anyway!

If noone replies sooner...refer to post #4.:D

Montalaar
03-08-2010, 12:06 PM
Aye, chief. :)

scepterman30x
03-08-2010, 02:54 PM
They are:

59.75" string
46" cables

Montalaar
03-09-2010, 12:04 AM
Okay, so we got:

63.5" and 47" for the 2.0 Cam

59.75" and 46" for the 1.5 Cam

So, do you have a 2.0Shadowcat? If so - what deflection limb is used to get 60lbs?

Montalaar
03-20-2010, 11:35 AM
Bump.

Now i have a very interesting situation.

My Shadowcat with CAT2 Cams has a string of 62.5"...

WTH is going on?

scepterman30x
03-20-2010, 01:53 PM
For the specs that I previously gave for the CAT 2.0 I was using interpolation. I took the A/A specs for the Warthog (35" I believe) and took the difference from the A/A of the Shadowcat (41.5") which would be 6.5" and added them to the string specs for the Warthog and that is how I ended up with what I did. I will look again and see if I figure correctly.

Montalaar
03-20-2010, 01:55 PM
Thanks.

When measuring my ATA i can tell oyu that it is around 0.7" short. That is a lot.

On the other hand:
The SHadowcat has 2H limbs on it and gives me 65# max. If i make strings and cables at your sepcs - what draw weight will i get? I'd like to stay at around 60# (just to be honest..) ;)

scepterman30x
03-20-2010, 02:19 PM
Thanks.

When measuring my ATA i can tell oyu that it is around 0.7" short. That is a lot.

On the other hand:
The SHadowcat has 2H limbs on it and gives me 65# max. If i make strings and cables at your sepcs - what draw weight will i get? I'd like to stay at around 60# (just to be honest..) ;)

You should be able to find out. My limbs bottomed out and at 41.5" A/A have a deflection of 3.5" (I dont know if you know what I mean) if not let me know. With mine backed out two turns mine is less 5 lbs. than max with a limb deflection of 3.25". Tell me what your deflection is; at your A/A of I will assume 40 7/8" and I would assume a greater deflection maybe 3.75" bottomed out, if it is back it out to where it is at 3.5" deflection and see what the poundage is. Basicly what ithe poundage is at 3.5" deflection is what it will be maxed at my A/A.

Montalaar
03-20-2010, 02:49 PM
Okay.

My bow is currently backed out 2 or more turns as far as i can guess from looking at the limb bolt.

How do you measure your deflection? Just to get some comparable measurements.

scepterman30x
03-20-2010, 09:13 PM
Let me know if you don't follow me. Take a strait edge, preferably a small dia. arrow shaft and run it along the forks (the flatest part along the top of one of the forks on either side of the cam) of your limbs back towards and over the limb bolt. Now a measurement taken from the arrow shaft (strait edge) at a 90 degree angle to the top edge of the limb just under the limb bolt (forward most part under the limb bolt, not the side closest to the cam. This will be your deflection in inches. You may have to run the strait edge slightly at an angle to compensate for the small reenforcement bolts in the limb tips. The measurement at 3.50" deflection, what ever your poundage is at this measurement should be what it will be at an A/A of 41.50" with the limbs bottomed out.

This should also relieve some stress on the limbs also.

Let me know what you find out.

Montalaar
03-21-2010, 07:14 AM
Hmm...

Currently it is 3.1" when i measure like you describe it. This is with 40.2 ATA and 3 turns of the limb bolt.

If i would tighten the limb bolt i would get approx 3.6" of deflection with the same ATA.

If i would make me a new set of strings and cables with the length you calculated i would get an ATA of approx 41.2 but a way smaller deflection?!
If i am correct that would mean that i would get a deflection of 3.0 when limb bolts bottomed down and stay at my current max draw weight.

Let's see if Martin will ever answer me. It is hard to get some information form them when you cannot call them. :(

scepterman30x
03-21-2010, 09:43 AM
Tighten or loosen your limb bolts till you get a deflection of 3.5" and see what the poundage is and let me know...I'm curious. Regardless of string and cable length, with a A/A length of 41.5" you should have a deflection of approximatly 3.5" bottomed out. I'm sure you know that if you wanted an A/A of 41.5" all you would need to do is take you present string and cable lengths and add the difference between your A/A and mine and that would be what you would need your string and cable lengths to be.

Montalaar
03-22-2010, 09:01 AM
I wrote 10 mails and pms to the Martin staff and got no answer.

I phoned my pro shop and talked awhile to the owner and he told me that he should receive a new batch of ShadowCats soon. He will measure them and tell me if there is any difference. If so i will get a new set of strings.
If not we might have to think about Martins way to advertise these bows. But let's wait and see if i will get an email or a pm from Martin this week. If there is no reaction until next week maybe one of you could call them for me. But let's see.

scepterman30x
03-22-2010, 09:33 AM
I will be glad to call them for you, just tell me what you want to know.

Montalaar
03-22-2010, 11:33 AM
The recommended string and cable lengths for the ShadowCat with a CAT2 Cam... :)

Montalaar
03-23-2010, 08:32 AM
I got a pm from Shawn hatem forewarded today.

It said
string 64"
cable 46"

This are measurements i cannot believe. The string might lead to the correct ATA but the cable is even short than now. The actual cables lead to a quite good camtiming. Shortening my cables by 0.75" and adding 1.5" string length wo misrotate them....

This starts to get a crazy thing..

scepterman30x
03-23-2010, 11:12 AM
Heres what I would do. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe I have given you the most accurate info so far...and that is using interpolation. If you like how your cams are rotated now and want to keep it that way just take your present string and cable length and add the difference in what your A/A is and what it should be and you will be good to go.

scepterman30x
03-23-2010, 11:15 AM

It said
string 64"
cable 46"

This are measurements i cannot believe. The string might lead to the correct ATA but the cable is even short than now. The actual cables lead to a quite good camtiming. Shortening my cables by 0.75" and adding 1.5" string length wo misrotate them....

It will give you more DL though and might even perform better and shoot faster...not that you need to worry about that with your DL.

scepterman30x
03-23-2010, 11:19 AM

It said
string 64"
cable 46"

I did some math and what they say and what I say are 1.5" in length difference. I think you would be way over rotated with their figures unless you did a lot of twisting of strings and/or cables.

Montalaar
03-23-2010, 12:13 PM
I shot the Cat today somewhile and i have to say: I really like the way it feels right now. It is a bit more parallel than it should be but it feels great. I am thinking about adding just a tad of string and cables, but time will tell!

scepterman30x
03-23-2010, 12:26 PM
If it shoots good I wouldn't really worry about it, like i said be for take the limbs to a deflection of 3.5" an you basicly have a load on the limbs as if they were bottomed out at an A/A of 41.5".

TXN
03-24-2010, 03:33 PM
Hello guys. I haven't logged in here much lately as I've just been waiting to see what is going to happen with my Shadowcat situation. As you probably recall, I had all sorts of trouble with trying to get to my draw length with a 65% letoff and that the long draw modules simply don't fit the CAT 1.5 cam. I just got word today from my dealer that he has shipped my new Shadowcat and it is coming equipped with CAT2 cams and should be good to go when it gets here. According to UPS tracking, it will be here on Monday, so I suppose I'll be able to post about my thoughts on it soon after that. Hope it's going to work this time!

Montalaar
03-25-2010, 01:25 AM
Wonderful.

Please supply us with additional cable and string lengths. Maybe we will get another set. lol :D

My second Shadowcat in red should arrive soon. (approx 2 weeks?)

TXN
03-25-2010, 01:32 PM
Yes, as soon as I have the Shadowcat with the CAT2 cams I will be happy to post here about measurements. It should arrive on Monday, so you will probably see a post about it here on Tuesday.

Montalaar
03-27-2010, 05:13 AM
Okay. New information:

"Shadowcat with 2.0 cams
String 63 5/8
Cable. 46

1.5 cam
String. 59 3/4
Cable. 46"

From a mail from Shawn Hatem.

After my limbs broke yesterday i had some time to try those numbers and they seem to work. The cable must have 46" instead of 47" to give the cam a proper rotation as the limbs are bent more than on a Warthog.

Brem
03-27-2010, 06:51 AM
How did your limbs break. What is going on with martin limbs?

Montalaar
03-27-2010, 07:43 AM
I do not want to discuss that anymore but as you can see from the previous pages i had a somewhat custom bow with a far shorter ATA. The limbs will be under warranty but i will have to wait for them some days...

alex
03-27-2010, 01:51 PM
Sorry to hear this, Simon, did they both break? :( Hope you won't wait long for the new ones.

scepterman30x
03-27-2010, 03:24 PM
I do not want to discuss that anymore but as you can see from the previous pages i had a somewhat custom bow with a far shorter ATA. The limbs will be under warranty but i will have to wait for them some days...

Exactly...

Montalaar
03-28-2010, 02:31 AM
Exactly...

I make my new strings today and will set up the bow when the new limbs arrive. I just need to make my Aurora case somewhat larger as the long ATA wont fit. :D