PDA

View Full Version : Loving the new Nemisis!

willow ms
03-08-2010, 09:46 AM
Hi Folks, Finally got my new Nemisis on Thursday. I am loving it! It is exactly what I was hoping it to be. In my opinion it is an excellent bow! I will have to put several hundered shots thru it before making a descision on the strings. I bought this bow strictly for target and will continue se Hunt with my Quest SE Tru-Arc. Went with the standard Camo and 60lb limbs. 3=D or field this bow will be in my hand. Hope to see ya on the range!

alex
03-08-2010, 11:21 AM
Congrats for the new now, have a nice time with it :) By the way i was wondering: Martin Shadowcat or Rytera Nemesis? They both look amazing, but i want to know what you guys think.

Spiker
03-08-2010, 11:46 AM
I have a Nemesis and have to say that it holds steadier than any other bow I have ever owned or shot.
I think a closer comparison would be between the Shadowcat and the Alien Z.
Hard to do that tho since people are just now starting to get their SCats and everyone is still waiting for the AZ's...

Pa. Shooter
03-08-2010, 03:23 PM
I have a NEM ordered aswell, I have shot one at my local shop.....SWEET !!
One of the BEST bows that I have ever shot......and I have shot or owned a FEW...........:p Let us know what kindof speeds you are getting.

Thanks Steve

Spiker
03-09-2010, 05:57 AM
As received from factory:
62# 28.75" Peep & Loop 390gn. arrow = 288.5 fps.

willow ms
03-10-2010, 08:51 PM
I Got to shoot my Nemisis thru the chrony today! At 60lb 29" draw with 29" maxima 350's with 100gr points, I'm getting 275!!! I could tweak to get 280, but why? This bow holds steady, shoots like a dream and is shooting a perfect bullet hole thru paper. I am going to Microtune out to 80yds tomorrow. There is no comparison between the Nemisis and Shadowcat in my opinion! possibly there would between the SCat and the Alien Z like you said. The grip on this bow is amazing!!! The whole bow has taken the best of the Competitor's good qualities and expanded on them. The Catcam does not compare in smoothness of draw to the Hybrix. I'm not nockin' the Shadowcat, I'm just glad I went with the Nemisis. I haven't tried the Saunder's speed slide yet, but I'm sure I will eventually. I was told I should pick up about 3fps.

Rockyhud
03-16-2010, 08:34 PM
Congrats on the new bow. I don't know about speed increase with the Saunders glide slide but I can tell you it is one REALLY smooth cable slide. I don't know if I just started noticing the slight lack of smoothness recently or if it had been there all along but after installing the Saunders glide slide I was absolutely amazed how much smoother the entire draw cycle is now.

For what it's worth I found it easier to install it by capturing the cables and snapping the slide pieces together then pulling the cables back then sliding the new glide slide over the guard rod (after removing the plastic end cap).

bfisher
03-17-2010, 09:36 AM
I'm not so sure comparing the AZ with the ShadowCat is a fair comparison. There's a lot of difference in the A2A. It might be fairer to compare the AZ to the WartHog.

However, I always take exception to how people compare draw cycles. Most do it at the same draw weight and hopefully draw length. This isn't the way it should be done, IMO.

Try setting the two bows up the same. Same measured draw length and all. Then shoot them both over a chrono adjusting the draw weight as necessary so they both shoot the same speed. Apples to apples, so to speak. Then take a break and a little later draw them both and see how the draw cycle compares.

I'm not saying that the draw cycle of the Hybrix is a little softer. Just that set up to the same weight and all the harder drawing bow should shoot faster, which in essence is comparing aples to oranges.