PDA

View Full Version : new bow bad limb

Unregistered
03-08-2010, 12:42 PM
Just bought new nemesis ,waited 3 weeks to get it, ripped open the box and bag to find a limb delaminating. I could not even put one arrow through it . This was the first martin bow i have purchased, bad luck or lesson learned? I hope they will send new limbs to me ,if they want the bow shipped to them they can keep it. REALLY DEPRESSED!

scepterman30x
03-08-2010, 12:59 PM
Just bought new nemesis ,waited 3 weeks to get it, ripped open the box and bag to find a limb delaminating. I could not even put one arrow through it . This was the first martin bow i have purchased, bad luck or lesson learned? I hope they will send new limbs to me ,if they want the bow shipped to them they can keep it. REALLY DEPRESSED!

Rytera will take care of you. I do wonder one thing though? When you purchased it at whatever shop you shop at why didn't you open it there...or maybe you did. If you purchased it you are not a shooter. Shooters only get their bows in the mail. Your shop didn't inspect it when it came in? I'm just courious is all. I mean by the way it sounds you recieved it at home and ripped open the box and the only way you should do that is if you are a shooter and most "Shooters" would not air their gripes on this forum.

slinger
03-08-2010, 04:13 PM
Im sure martin/rytera will take care of the problem for you. I would definatly be upset as well. You would think a "high end bow" like a nemisis would be able to take shipping. But with that said martins customer service is very good and they should take care of you.

kste73
03-09-2010, 07:25 AM
Everyone was right martin customer service was great to talk to and is handling the problem quickly

whman
03-09-2010, 07:45 AM
Hey Guys,
Just wondering.....is Martin having a particularly difficult time with limbs right now? I bought a new WartHog about 3 months ago (a 2009 with Cat2 Cams), and after reading about the cracked and broken limbs, have almost developed a fear of shooting it so that I don't ruin the limbs. This is after decades in the sport with NO cracked, delaminated limbs from any bow. Is 2009 a bad year due to the new roto limb pocket with the two studs that fit into the limbs? Just wondering....and hoping to not get flamed for asking.

kste73
03-10-2010, 01:14 PM
that is right wear my limb seemed to start delaminating or splitting right on one of those pins.:eek:

Montalaar
03-10-2010, 02:02 PM
Martin limbs have had those pins in it for years. That is no particular reason to fear to break a limb. There are far more stressed areas on a limb than the limbpocket..

Esspecialy the Warthog is everything else than prone to limb defects. The limbs are under such less tension compared to any other Martin bow.. It even just takes 8 to 10 turns per screw to get the whole bow ready to disassamble.

kste73
03-11-2010, 04:01 AM
Are we talking about the two buttons on the riser part of the limb cup ,not the limb bolt end on the rytera nemesis,maybe my button has a sharp end on it or something.Cause that is where the splintering seems to have started.

drevilmike77
03-11-2010, 05:04 AM
Dont get me wrong I love my Martins and I have never had a problem but what is going on with Martins linbs lately. All I seem to gere is the negative. Is there a problem with there qualaty in the past few years. If the qualaty of there product is suffering to save cost I would gladly pay morefor a better qualaty bow like back in the days. This is just my opinion and I don not mean to upset anyone by this.