PDA

View Full Version : Furious to Furious X question

dparadowski
03-08-2010, 02:46 PM
I have and 08 Scepter with 17" Elite limbs, with Furious XL cams and large mods mods. I am thinking of going Furious X. Besides the X large mods and cables. Do I need anything else? Some people say the long axle kit, and I think a few only had one long axle and one normal. Would the single long one go on the top or bottom? I am shooting carbon arrow with blazer vanes, would I have enough clearance with the standard ones? Also do I need any additional spacers to use the X system, or do the x mod just fit in there without different spaces on the standard axles. If I need the long axles is there any reference pictures as to how the spacers should be? Sorry about all the questions, but I figured this would be the best place to ask.

elkslayer4x5
03-09-2010, 09:52 AM
I have two 2006 Martin Slayers, both X- system, both with one long axle on the bottom. One I can shoot Blazers, and the 2nd Slayer will not, due to a slightly shorter long axle. You will need more spacers with a long axle, just keep the cam in the center, add spacers inside of the string posts, next to the limb until there are no gaps, keep them snug, you don't want rattles. If you're gonna hunt with this bow, you're gonna need to take the twang out of 4 cables and the shootstring. If you go without the long axle, keep the cables well waxed where they cross.

724wd
03-13-2010, 03:25 PM
on a similar note, i'm converting my 04 phantom II to NO2 shoot thru, wide axle, elite limbs. i'm trying to find spacers to keep the cam in the middle of the limb, but not having much luck. there's not a lot of room left, but it's enough to allow the cams to move back and forth on the axle. where do you get spacers? does martin have big bins of different thickness spacers?

dparadowski
03-14-2010, 09:06 AM
Haven't gotten the Axle kits from martin yet, but Joel, from Martin, said they should be included with the axle kit.

RogerSr
03-14-2010, 10:27 AM
I buy nylon washers from a hardware store they work great to space the cams, you can get them in different thickness.