PDA

View Full Version : Press or not?

andywb
03-10-2010, 05:17 AM
I just purchased an 09 Bengal, I was told that Martin bows do not require a bow press. I read the manual that came with the bow and there was no mention about needing a press or not. Do I need a press to change strings/cables, or how about changing limbs, any info would be great. I tried to ask in a similar thread but it would not let me post, thanks andy

Montalaar
03-10-2010, 06:06 AM
You will not need any bowpress at all but it is much more comfortable when owning at least a portable one.

RLW
03-10-2010, 06:58 AM
You will not need any bowpress at all but it is much more comfortable when owning at least a portable one.
Agree with that.
I was recently a little frustrated with a string/cable change a local shop did for me, and didn't want to keep cranking the limbs all the way in and out each time to make little adjustments on string/cable, so I bought a Bowmaster portable bow press.......matter of fact, just last week. Made life much easier, and work I wanted to do a lot quicker.

polaris754
03-11-2010, 03:16 PM
well this is a bad subject for me , i had my cables and strings changed out , and within a week my limbs cracked , i do not recommend a press i think they over do it to release the string and fatigue the limbs my best advise is to backoff the bolts

Montalaar
03-11-2010, 10:55 PM
Maybe you did not press your bow right. Every bow is pressed before they are shipped. That is the only chance to get the strings and cables onto your bow. ;)

Ehunter
03-12-2010, 06:56 AM
If you think about it, you compress, and stress your bow more when you shoot it than you do when it is properly in a bow press. Granted, the pressure points are at a different location, and spread out more evenly drawing your bow, but a press should not damage a bow if used properly.