PDA

View Full Version : Bengal vs. Cheetah

Jonny Boy
03-10-2010, 04:10 PM
Whats the difference btw these two bows? They have the same cams & the same ibo speed. Except the cheetah is 2in smaller! Wouldnt that make the cheetah a better value? If so why is the bengal more expensive?

treadwayc
03-10-2010, 05:13 PM
I have only shot the Bengal, but I love it. Shoots great

Sagittarius
03-10-2010, 05:37 PM
good question, never shot a martin cheetah so I couldn't tell you the diff but I know the Bengal is a sweet shooter !!!!! They look almost identical does the cheetah allow for the STS and the CCS ?????

Ehunter
03-11-2010, 12:08 PM
I shot both bows side by side last year. 09 models. I have to say that the Bengal was far "deader" in my hands. NO shock at all, no vibration, nothing, just perfect. The Cheetah had a bit of jump, and vibration when I shot it. Seems the Bengal is just put togather a bit better, and worth the extra money.

07 Rytera Bullet-X
08 Moab
09 Bengal
09 Firecat
Martin Junkie. lol

Dave308
03-11-2010, 07:11 PM
DL and A2A is longer on the Bengal. Both are great bows I had a Bengal and my wife has a Cheetah.

Jonny Boy
03-11-2010, 07:50 PM
Yeah the cheetah is able to use a CCS and STS. I shoot a cheetah and just was wondering how it performed to its bigger bro the Bengal.

Jonny Boy
03-14-2010, 01:50 PM
Bump for more info!

Jonny Boy
03-14-2010, 09:05 PM
bump for the night

Jonny Boy
03-15-2010, 01:56 PM
ttt, more info

HawgEnvy
03-25-2011, 10:43 AM
I shot them both at different times. The Bengal feels better,but not enough to choose over the Cheetah. With that being said, I came across my Cheetah(craigslist) a week after shooting them both at pro shops. I could pass up the price for a fully rigged '08. The Cheetah is a bit jumpy until you start adding accessories. It's tamed pretty good now.

'08 Cheetah,RH,60#,28.5" draw.
accessories: Norway ind STS,G5 peep,kisser,d-loop,limbsavers,and LS S-coil stabilizer. No string dampners except the sts. This bow didn't need them.

gravedigger
03-25-2011, 11:09 AM
I shot them both at different times. The Bengal feels better,but not enough to choose over the Cheetah. With that being said, I came across my Cheetah(craigslist) a week after shooting them both at pro shops. I could pass up the price for a fully rigged '08. The Cheetah is a bit jumpy until you start adding accessories. It's tamed pretty good now.

'08 Cheetah,RH,60#,28.5" draw.
accessories: Norway ind STS,G5 peep,kisser,d-loop,limbsavers,and LS S-coil stabilizer. No string dampners except the sts. This bow didn't need them.

hay hawg this was posted 1 year ago.a spamer got ahold of it and is looking for help with a job...but good post im sur it will help someone

Hutch~n~Son Archery
03-25-2011, 01:51 PM
The longer ATA is better for stability in shooting. That is why you see all the target shooters going for the Longer ATA. If you are looking for a shorter bow for tree stands than the cheetah is the way to go. But the Bengal is not jumpy and is stable in target shots.

Hutch:cool:

HawgEnvy
03-25-2011, 04:19 PM
hay hawg this was posted 1 year ago.a spamer got ahold of it and is looking for help with a job...but good post im sur it will help someone

gee...im observant.lol

gravedigger
03-25-2011, 04:44 PM
gee...im observant.lol

i thought the same as you..i was wanting to do some post..but i seen the original post day and then the spammer and well you know...loldot feel bad hutch did not catch it either..lol its all goood in the martin hood.im loopy as hell