PDA

View Full Version : nock and serving issues

andywb
03-11-2010, 12:17 PM
I just set up an 09 Bengal, The center serving is such a snug fit on the arrow nock, the nocks remain on the string. I first thought I had a loose nock, but it pulls all the nocks off of every arrow I have, including new ones. Any suggestions. Also I noticed fiber building up in the roller guard already, is that normal??? Havent even really shot it yet, just installed a rest.

Montalaar
03-11-2010, 12:21 PM
Cannot help you with the roller guard. But a serving in this area is common on many bows with a roller guard because of cables fraying.

What nocks do you use? Is this your first bow? Have you always used the same nocks? the string and serving should fit for the larger Easton nocks (or for Beiter nocks the one with the number 2).

alex
03-11-2010, 12:25 PM
You need other nocks or reserving :) Or (i usually make this) get a file and sandpaper and widen the nocks - i know the other guys here will say this is a bad choice, but if you have no shop to sell different nocks and no serving material in the whole state, this method works fine :D

Montalaar
03-11-2010, 12:29 PM
Oh alex, that is a bad choice!

andywb
03-11-2010, 01:07 PM
Not my first bow, I have some cableas brand arrows used, I also have some new Gold tips, Also had some carbon express nocks I had left over from the past. All the nocks pull out.

alex
03-11-2010, 02:01 PM
Then you definetely need to reserve the string... Simon, by the way i've only once had a problem with nocks and i've widened many. I don't use them on the MOAB, prefer not to take the risk :D I sometimes make nocks from wood - oak or fir and they also work fine. Use them only on aluminium arrows.

Montalaar
03-11-2010, 10:57 PM
Oh alex, that is a bad choice! (Just quoting you. :P)

andy, if it is possible i would say to make a new serving on your string. As GoldTip has pretty wide nocks i would really recommend this.

DeepRiverBowman
03-12-2010, 08:41 PM
You can replace the nocks with wider throat nocks or you can take the nocks you have and immerse the them in boiling water for 3-5 seconds (to soften them) and then push them on and off the string several times as they cool down to "adjust" the throat gap to fit your serving. Of course reserving the string with a thinner material works too.

mike

brushrat
03-13-2010, 09:57 AM
You can replace the nocks with wider throat nocks or you can take the nocks you have and immerse the them in boiling water for 3-5 seconds (to soften them) and then push them on and off the string several times as they cool down to "adjust" the throat gap to fit your serving. Of course reserving the string with a thinner material works too.

mike

good tip!;):):)

J758
03-14-2010, 08:06 AM
The water works great