PDA

View Full Version : Cable wear by the CTS

fridge24
03-15-2010, 08:34 AM
I have an 09 Firecat and I need to replace the cables (string too) because the cables are wearing (breaking) when they travel through the CTS. Why don't they apply serving on this? Very disappointed in the sting/cables. Anyone else have this problem?

gibson 787
03-15-2010, 12:43 PM
Yes I had the same problem with my moab. I guess the reason why martin products are considerably less expensive for similar performing products, is because they cut back on minor things like finnish and string serving etc.

I have added serving to my cables and also the string where it passes over the idler wheel. Not much of a hassle really, and didn't cost much either, probably less than a buck.

At the end of the day, I'd rather do the little things myself and pay less for the bow overall. Martin bows hold and shoot really well, for me anyway.

fridge24
03-16-2010, 08:05 AM
Yes I had the same problem with my moab. I guess the reason why martin products are considerably less expensive for similar performing products, is because they cut back on minor things like finnish and string serving etc.

I have added serving to my cables and also the string where it passes over the idler wheel. Not much of a hassle really, and didn't cost much either, probably less than a buck.

At the end of the day, I'd rather do the little things myself and pay less for the bow overall. Martin bows hold and shoot really well, for me anyway.

Thanks. I agree but a new string is going to cost another $80 dollars. I would have thought the string would last more than 6 months.

ksig512
03-16-2010, 08:56 AM
I just ordered a set of strings and cables from Mike Jensen ... 40 bucks shipping included.... I called the dealers that he deals with just to inquire about his product, along with a few people on Texas Bow hunting forums, they all say his stuff is top notch.

his website is... http://www.mikes-archery.com/index.html

Kevin