PDA

View Full Version : martin bows

russ65034
03-17-2010, 06:58 PM
just went to AT and looked at hunting bows. had to go 7 pages before i saw the first martin for sale and it was an "03 jaguar. imop that shows that once you own a martin it's hard to want anything else. seems to me they found out they spent way too much money for a lot of hype. i'm sure they're good bows but come on 8-900.00 for a bare bow. any other thoughts. Russ

russ65034
03-17-2010, 07:29 PM
i know some just like to have the newest of everything but still

oncechance
03-18-2010, 03:52 AM
I too out of curiosity went to the classifieds to check out Martin bows for sale. I didn't find very many. A lot of Mathews and Hoyts and many in between but not many Martins. That gave me a good feeling of purchasing a Martin bow this year.

bfisher
03-18-2010, 08:39 AM
I've noticed the same thing at times. Seems to me you guys have your heads screwed on right. As for prices? How many think paying $1700 for a new Matrix is going to make you a professional quality archer right off the bat?

Montalaar
03-18-2010, 09:02 AM
Well...

A friend of mine seels the Matrix for 800. Interested? :P

Sorry for hijacking that thread.

treadwayc
03-18-2010, 09:04 AM
I shot a lot of bows before buying my 09 Bengal last month. I kept looking for a reason to spend the extra money on hoyt,pse,mathews,or bowtech and couldn't find a reason. Glad I found Martin. Great bows at Great prices.

russ65034
03-18-2010, 05:25 PM
glad i'm not the only one thinking this. gonna put same question on AT, bet i get hammered

tommyhydro
03-19-2010, 04:56 AM
I've noticed the same thing at times. Seems to me you guys have your heads screwed on right. As for prices? How many think paying $1700 for a new Matrix is going to make you a professional quality archer right off the bat?
a buddy of mine just bought the Z7 and we went shooting.....he couldnt get consistent groups @ 20yds.(my '09cheetah groups 4"@60yds:D) i watched him shoot and found out that he was choking his grip, so when it comes down to it, if you aint shootin right.....the pricetag on your rig wont help ya.....just my .02

russ65034
03-19-2010, 06:52 PM
asked this same question on AT. can't get but one response. guess guess i'm right no one can justify it or they think it's such a stupid remark it doesnt justify a response

fxdwgkd
03-20-2010, 05:59 AM
glad i'm not the only one thinking this. gonna put same question on AT, bet i get hammered

Bet not. Never seen any bad reviews of Martins' on AT. There are just to many fanboys out there that think they need to spend the big bucks to get something good. It makes them feel all warm and fuzzy when they say, "yeah I only shoot a Mathews". Catch us if you can??, well boys you have been caught, weighed, measured, and thrown you back.

russ65034
03-20-2010, 06:47 AM
The one response i got wasn't even a comparison all it said was there has to be a "reezen". yeah i get it. guess i'm just a tight a-- but my $350.00 bow will kill a deer just as easy.

treadwayc
03-20-2010, 08:07 AM
I have a friend who decided to get into archery. First thing he did was become a fanboy and let marketing decide which bow he bought. He bought a Mathews and spent close to a 1000 on the set up. Can't hit the broad side of a barn with it. Makes no sense to me..... oh, but he did get a mathews sticker to put on his truck.....

russ65034
03-20-2010, 09:01 AM
i don't care who you are that there's funny

Ehunter
03-20-2010, 09:47 AM
Let's face it. Martin doesn't spend the advertising budget that Mathews and others do. Look at how many of the TV shows have guys that shoot nothing but Mathews. Alot of people just buy bows based on hype, or what they see on TV. I'd imagine if you gave the TV personalities bows from Martin and everyone else in a blind shooting test, Mathews would be far down the list. People buy on advertising and hype. Think of it like this, when was the last time you saw a Cadillac SUV crawling through the mud and brush, rather than running around town all clean and shiny? So why the need for an SUV? lol

elkslayer4x5
03-21-2010, 10:10 AM
Let's face it. Martin doesn't spend the advertising budget that Mathews and others do. Look at how many of the TV shows have guys that shoot nothing but Mathews. Alot of people just buy bows based on hype, or what they see on TV. I'd imagine if you gave the TV personalities bows from Martin and everyone else in a blind shooting test, Mathews would be far down the list. People buy on advertising and hype. Think of it like this, when was the last time you saw a Cadillac SUV crawling through the mud and brush, rather than running around town all clean and shiny? So why the need for an SUV? lol

Pretty sure that "Uncle Ted" shoots a Matrin, as does Shemane, his wife. I have to laugh when I see a shiny SUV with street tires. Not sure which bows, but I think that Ted has a Firecat and she has a Leopard. Feel free to correct any errors I've made