PDA

View Full Version : Old martin Bengal Sonic Wheel???????

lihin
03-19-2010, 08:28 PM
I all... im new to this forum because my uncle just gave me a Martin Bengal serie 2500 with Sonic Wheel...i was wondering is someone can tell me if i can change the draw lenght with these cam...and if someone have a user manual for this kind of bow......thanks to you alll!!

tood s
03-20-2010, 05:45 AM
you need to get modules to change the draw length. what year is your bow? i have a 94 bengal

lihin
03-31-2010, 11:35 AM
i dont know what year is....how can i find that???and what do you mean by modules???because i was thinking the the modules are already in the cam and have just to change the position....

Spiker
03-31-2010, 12:01 PM
First 2 digits of the serial # should be the year.
Sonic and UltraSonic cams use specific length draw modules.
You will be able to see a # on one of them - 3,4,5,etc.
Each number relates to a certain draw length.
You just unscrew them and replace with the ones you need.
Can you post a pic of them?
I have a mid ninties manual I could copy and send or give you info from.

brushrat
03-31-2010, 04:42 PM
my old bengal just had 3 notches in each wheel. Each notch changed the draw length by 1/2" . Just loosen limb bolts till steel cable is slack then drop it into any notch that gets you closest to the length you need. Do the same slot for the other wheel. Good luck:)

Spiker
04-01-2010, 08:47 AM
Lihin said it has sonic wheels - they used replaceable modules (9 different)

lihin
04-01-2010, 09:53 AM
Thank you Spiker....im gonna check this out tonight...do you know where i can buy these modules?? maybe those one fits ....link : http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=martin+bow+module&_sacat=0&_trksid=p3286.m270.l1313&_odkw=bengal+module&_osacat=0&bkBtn=

and another thing....the guy at the store said to me that i cannot take out the string by myself...is it true....im a nooby in archery so....

Spiker
04-01-2010, 10:10 AM
What modules are on the cams now? It will have a # or a #X.
What draw length do you need to be at?
I dont think that you can back the limb bolts out far enough on that bow to change the string and will need to put it in a press but I am not 100% on that.
You dont need to do anything to change the modules - just unbolt them and replace.
I have a couple modules at home but dont know what #s they are or what you need.
Can you take a pic of the cams/modules and post them?

Spiker
04-01-2010, 12:58 PM
This isnt a very good pic but the only one I have here at work.
These are the UltraSonic cams. They use a slightly different mod than the Sonics.

lihin
04-01-2010, 07:14 PM
iv find the number on the module...its 4.....i need a smaller draw....like 1 or 2...i dont see any serial number....but there is a sticker that said :bow number 20-751 write with a pen...lol...i cannot take picture for now...but soon

tood s
04-01-2010, 08:20 PM
just like my old Bengal except my cable guard is above the grip on the riser and mine is a 94

Spiker
04-02-2010, 09:39 AM
lihin- I only have mods for the UltraSonics (4X and 5X).
Try giving Timberline Archery a call at 719-382-7113. The owners name is George. Explain that you have the old Sonic cams and he may be able to dig up some mods for you. None of the ones on the ebay link you posted are the correct ones.

Tood s- The bow in the pic is a '95 Ultimate Beast. I still have it but converted it to NOS B X setup. And got rid of that huge grip:eek:

lihin
04-02-2010, 10:52 AM
http://www.timberline-archery.com/ ...... no longer available ...iv tryied the toll free number...the guy said to me that the company is close....very disapointing

Spiker
04-02-2010, 11:46 AM
Thats not the same place. Did you try the number I posted?
I was just there yesterday afternoon.

lihin
04-02-2010, 03:38 PM
okok...no i didnt...i was at work...so...it a long distance call...and where is that company ..because im from quebec canada...so maybe its not the same time....