PDA

View Full Version : cable damage

ksig512
03-20-2010, 04:31 PM
I know I remember seeing this issue somewhere on this forum but i cant seem to find it now...
I just had my local pro shop replace my string and cables on my 09 Firecat because the modules or the cams were chewing up the strings. Should I contact martin about this or just break out the dremel and sanding bit.. ?

bfisher
03-20-2010, 05:05 PM
You can contact Martin, but they are going to tell you to work with a dealer on the repair/replacement of parts. The 2010 modules are a redesign of last year' modules and should eliminate the problem of cable wear.

Till then you could break out the dremel tool and remove the sharp edge from the module. I've read of many people doing this and in many cases it works well.

XSpot
03-20-2010, 05:19 PM
2010 stuff has some edges but not as bad as 09. If they are sharp to touch I would use a mill smooth file on mods followed by a maroon colored 3m pad do until smooth then touch up with a anodizing marker a.k.a. sharpie, my cams seem fine cams no sharp edges.

ksig512
03-20-2010, 05:27 PM
thanks , I think I will wait and contact martin before I break out the tools. After looking over the old cables good, it seems to be just the modules.
Dang the luck , I finally get my bow over 300 and now I have to wait . I would hate to mess up new strings... :(