PDA

View Full Version : Limb bolt receiver issue

Belsyl
03-22-2010, 04:36 PM
i m a french archer ( so sorry in advance for my bad english ) with a Cougar 4 elite limbs Nitrous x cams, i have fun and enjoy with it but today , bad day, the screw thread on the lower limb bolt receiver was rip out , result , the bolt don't screw anymore , and the limb don't hold on the riser , obviously ...
i had contac my local dealer , but i didn't yet answer me , so im asking here :
i would like to change the both limb bolts and bolts receivers ; where or whose should i asking for help to solve my issue as quick as possible??

thanks in advance for answers

an archer with a wounded bow ...

RogerSr
03-22-2010, 04:54 PM
All you need is a limb bolt and a barrel nut, any martin dealer should have them, or call Martin and they will send you new ones, most of the time parts like that are free, I have had to put new limb bolts on a couple of bows and Martin has given them to my for free.

bfisher
03-22-2010, 05:32 PM
Roger has it right. Most likely you'll have to get the parts from a dealer. Being you are in France I can't say what parts your dealer might have. If he doesn't stock parts then he'll have to order them from Martin.

However, if he's really a nice guy and you ask real nice he might take them off a new bow and then order replacements???

Hey, your English isn't all that bad. Easier to understand than some Americans.

copterdoc
03-22-2010, 05:39 PM
Was it the barrel nut/limb bolt, or one of the limb pocket bolts that stripped?

A barrel nut is easy, but if one of the limb pocket bolts stripped the threads out of the riser, you might need a new riser. I wouldn't trust a heli-coil, without a little more "meat" around the hole.

belsyl
03-23-2010, 03:10 AM
thanks all for replies, today good news , my local dealer email me and said he'll send me replacements parts, apparently he have stock parts :) ...

@ copterdoc: it is the lower barrel nut only

@bfisher: thanks , i know its far away to be perfect, but as long as people understand me, it's OK ... and my dealer is nice and i asked him nicely but i don't know if he take them off a new bow or if he have it in stock, he's a big martin dealer for France...

thanks again all ;)

Illyan
03-23-2010, 08:27 AM
Yeah man, it's a great news!!!

My rival relives ^^ Waiting you on the field!!!!

Keep you ready for the Gardanne's Nature Course!!!

bfisher
03-23-2010, 08:29 AM
thanks all for replies, today good news , my local dealer email me and said he'll send me replacements parts, apparently he have stock parts :) ...

@bfisher: thanks , i know its far away to be perfect, but as long as people understand me, it's OK ... and my dealer is nice and i asked him nicely but i don't know if he take them off a new bow or if he have it in stock, he's a big martin dealer for France...

thanks again all ;)

That's good news indeed. Being from the USA where archery is a big sport I don't know just how well these bow companies are distributed throughout the world. Nice to hear that we Americans aren't the only archery buffs on the planet.

Good luck.

scepterman30x
03-23-2010, 11:23 AM

thanks again all ;)

Just make sure you grease the bolts real good with some white lithium grease to avoid any more issues to the bolts and barrel nuts.

Montalaar
03-25-2010, 01:38 AM
That's good news indeed. Being from the USA where archery is a big sport I don't know just how well these bow companies are distributed throughout the world. Nice to hear that we Americans aren't the only archery buffs on the planet.

Good luck.

Not that good. But hey, with a bit of waiting everything works... ;) You just need some patience.