PDA

View Full Version : Cheetah cable getting frayed

sluggo
03-22-2010, 07:40 PM
I've had my Cheetah now for 4 days and the serving on the cable is worn through where it goes over the hump down by the M2 emblem on the cam so that several strands of serving are just hanging there. I don't see any other unusual wear anywhere else yet. I've probably shot 150 arrows with this bow and I'm the original purchaser. What should I do? I took some pictures but apparently the picture files are too large to post here. Besides my camera doesn't focus very well at close distances so it looks pretty blurry anyway.

jb24333
03-22-2010, 09:17 PM
i'd keep an eye on it, my brand new cable broke in the same location your describing 2 days ago. i guess it was a faulty cable but it was about 1 to 1/2" too short.

ksig512
03-22-2010, 09:18 PM
I had that problem with my firecat , the modules are sharp on one side . Took it to the pro shop , he called martin and spoke with Joel . Got me some new modules on the way. I hope this will fix the problem...
I dont know anything about the Cheetah but you might want to look at the modules...

sluggo
03-23-2010, 07:27 AM
Do you think I should do some sanding on the edges of the cam where the cable is getting worn? Should I ask Martin to send me a new cable?