PDA

View Full Version : Fletching Clearance issue

mojoaz
08-21-2006, 11:31 PM
I have a Martin Phantom that is about 3 years old. I am having a problem with fletching clearance. The bow has recently been tuned up by my local pro shop. My knocked arrow sits way to close to the riser. I have 1/2" from the center of my arrow to the riser and over 1" from the center of my arrow to the outside riser shelf. The arrow is square to the riser. I have to turn my knock to keep my fletching from hitting my cable. The cable guard is turned to keep the cable as far away as possible. I have installed a new string and a new cable. My local Martin dealer has no idea why my bow is like this. :confused: I am hoping that someone here can be of assistance. Thank You

Myk
08-22-2006, 09:10 AM
Is it a Phantom or a Phantom II?
My Phantom II Nitrous has just under 3/4" (.700") from the riser to the center of the arrow.
My Phantom II Dyna Cam has just over 3/4" (.770") from the riser to the center of the arrow.
I don't know if those numbers would be the same for a Phantom or a Fuzion cam (I don't have Fuzion set up but I'd think it would be the same as the Dyna Cam on a Phantom II).

Is that where you are tuning or is that where your center shot comes out to be?

If that's where you're tuning you're either torquing the grip, having the cable guard turned out too far (you only need about 1/16" clearance) is torquing, or your arrows are not spined properly for your set up (I think that indicates too heavy of a spine but I'd have to look it up to be sure).

If that's where your center shot comes out to be as anyone taken your cams off?
Depending on what cam it is the idler spacers could be in wrong.

mojoaz
08-22-2006, 09:52 AM
I have the Phantom. This clearance is a result of the center shot not the tuning. I have never had the cams off. 3/4" would be about right. The shelf is just over 1 1/2" so that would be perfect. I included some pics.

newarcher
09-11-2006, 04:00 PM
I had the same issue with my Sabre - I finally switched rest to a Trophy Taker which allows for more adjustment - working fine now.:)

MRHAPPY
05-27-2007, 09:32 AM
looks like you have the cable slide backwords,shouldn't deep end of slide be closer to the riser? shouldn't cables cross above cable slide and not below?

Elk4me
05-27-2007, 09:39 PM
looks like you have the cable slide backwords,shouldn't deep end of slide be closer to the riser? shouldn't cables cross above cable slide and not below?

Yep:rolleyes: