PDA

View Full Version : My Firecat is back from Walla Walla

Brem
03-24-2010, 06:48 PM
Hey all,
As some of you know I have a 09 Firecat that came with 2H limbs that maxed out at 63# and '10 CAT2 Cams on it. it shot great and I loved it. Then the limbs cracked. I had my dealer order new limbs and roto cups that took 5 weeks to deliver due to backorder. we installed them but the top limb cracked in one day. We boxed it up and sent it back to Walla Walla to have them fix it. It took 16 days there and back. I got it back today. New 4H limbs, DL mods(black instead of the dull gray) new strings and a new grip(mine was ripping on the front). Out of the box the BH was 6 3/4" and ATA was 32 3/4" and cranked down it would only do 65#. 9 twists to each cable put it to 70# with an ATA of 32 9/16" and BH of 7". Cams are timed and wrapped. I am going get some IBO weight arrows tomorrow and put it through the crony and see what I get. My question to the other Firecat owners is what ATA are you seeing on the TR2 and anyone that has converted an '09 to '10 limbs and rotocups.

Montalaar
03-25-2010, 01:27 AM
I have to pass this question to Barry but great to hear that you got everything back 'in time'!

Brem
03-25-2010, 06:30 PM
Hey All,
So I went to the shop today and had them cut me a dozen Carbon Xpress Maxima 350's at 27.5" and topped them with 85gr combo points. Tipped the scales at 352gr. Then I went back to the crony and shot several strings. 301,301,301. gotta love consistency. this particular crony is about 4fps slow(confirmed) So I am pretty happy with 305fps for my short draw. with some tweaking of the cam rotation and a different rest I could likely get to 310. The reason I'm not going to is that I am lazing them on top of one another at 20yds. I will take it to 30 and 40 tomorrow. I will say that I am very pleased with the draw cycle as it is. Its smooth, has a solid wall, letoff at about 75%, very quiet, and most importantly ACCURATE!! Still a little concerned with the ATA being 32 1/2" so I called Joel and he said that to tell the truth it is closer to 32 1/2" than 32 1/4".

Ehunter
03-26-2010, 05:57 AM
Brem, glad to hear you finally got everything fixed and shooting again. Mine's an '09 Firecat, so not much help on the questions you have. I am shooting 363 gr total arrow weight, 28 inch, 70# draw. Getting 309 fps consistently.

Brem
03-27-2010, 06:03 PM
E,
With your extra half inch draw more than mine that sounds about right. I put a couple twists in the string and cable and its a hair under 32 1/2 ATA also Ive got my cam timing where I want it. I should leave well enough alone but Im a tinkerer like several others here. I do have a brand new set of H&M strings that I may put on in short order. I am just happy to be shooting again after a 2 week layoff.

Ehunter
03-28-2010, 06:13 AM
Brem, I know what you mean about tinkering. lol I too have a tendency to keep trying to get that last little bit out of everything. I think I've finally reached my max with the Firecat, so now I've started messing with my 08 Moab. That's the bow I've taken my two best deer with. I just can't leave well enough alone! lol

Brem
03-28-2010, 06:17 AM
E,
Read my thread on my limbs.

Ehunter
03-28-2010, 06:22 AM
Brem, don't tell me they cracked again?

Brem
03-28-2010, 06:29 AM
E,
You have no idea how peaved I am right now.

Ehunter
03-28-2010, 06:46 AM
Brem, I can think of a hell of a lotta words to describe how I'd be feeling. Peaved isn't one of them. One thing I thought of that you might try. Call the Martin rep himself. Steve Waschka 321-693-8693 He's the rep for Fla. Not sure, but maybe you can get some help out of him. I'm just damn lucky in that the rep for my area is a customer of mine, and a personal friend. Sounds to me like they should just replace the whole bow. Something has got to be wrong. Hope this helps!