PDA

View Full Version : Draw Weight

singleVI
03-25-2010, 12:16 PM
I just got my '10 Firecat TR2 last week and really like it. Ive got the limbs all the way in and should be pulling 60lbs however the bow shop scale said its only 55lbs. What can I do for the extra 5lbs? I only have a 26" draw and limited to lighter arrows to get decent velocity. (265fps) Can I send it back and have 70lb limbs put on? What would that run $$? Thanks

Montalaar
03-25-2010, 12:44 PM
Have you measured the ATA and the BH? Do they fit into the ones that are supplied by Martin?

If yes: Call your shop and let them get you the limbs you need.

Brem
03-25-2010, 07:23 PM
9 or 10 twists in your cables will get you the 5#. ATA should fall betwwen 32 1/4" and 32 1/2" and your BH should be 7". With an IBO 300gr arrow at 26" 60# you should be able to get between 295 and 300 fps with the cams wrapped tight and timed and as long as your string isnt loaded down. I went from 60# limbs to 70lb limbs and to tell you the truth I could shoot longer at 60 than at 70 and my speed is the same.

singleVI
03-26-2010, 09:12 AM
I measured it and it was almost 33". With a BH of almost 6.5" Can i twist the cables to get the ATA closer? Ive added 10 or so and hasn't changed much. Its at 32 3/4 now

singleVI
03-26-2010, 10:03 AM
Is the ATA at rest or at draw?

Spiker
03-26-2010, 12:25 PM
ATA & BH need to be measured with the limb bolts all the way down.
If you twist up the cables you also need to twist up the string.
The best starting point is to take them off and twist/untwist them until they are spot-on the specified length and then re-install. That should put the ata/bh right at or really close to what it should be. 32.5" on the '10 TR2.
And the DW should fall right at or a few pounds over what it's supposed to be.

singleVI
03-28-2010, 08:41 AM
Well I got the ATA and BH pretty darn close to spec. I took one cable off at a time, untwisted them untill the the colors were even on both sides. Also did it to the string. Added 5 twists and measured. Did this untill it was where it was supposed to be. Now Im gonna take it to the shop monday to see what the weight is. Also need to move the peep.

alex
03-28-2010, 09:44 AM
untwisted them untill the colors were even on both sides. Also did it to the string.

This doesn't sound me right :confused:

singleVI
03-28-2010, 01:07 PM
Well I was timing the cams so they were not twisted the same number of times. I was going to start over so I untwisted them until there were no twist left in them. Since the cables are black and yellow they were equal(black on one side and yellow on the other). Then I twisted them the same number of times until I got the ATA to be right.

Anyway I'm getting a little annoyed. I shot it today through my chrono and was getting 245-250 fps. Before I was getting 260ish. Not fast enough for me. M already shooting the lightest arrow I can. I don't get what would be causing it to shoot so slow. If I twist the cables anymore it wont be 32 1/4 ATA. (which is bad, right?) I don't know what the DW is, doesn't feel like 60lbs. Yes the limb bolts are all the way in. The cams for all I know are set up and timed right. What am I missing? Sigh

alex
03-28-2010, 02:16 PM
I see now :) Well, the specs are important, but more important is how you feel the bow and where it performs best. You should play with it a little more till you are happy. Or you can go to your dealer. Good luck! :)