PDA

View Full Version : Targets

Ehunter
03-27-2010, 01:07 PM
Just wondering what targets everyone is shooting at. With my new Firecat, I can't use my layered target anymore (block style), getting too many complete pass throughs. With my bag target, every shot leaves the point pushing out the backside of the bag. (Will-Stop bag target) Even with a brand new GlenDel buck, (layered core), I'm burying arrows to the fletchings with field points, broadheads are almost complete pass throughs. Anyone have any ideas?

09 Firecat
Victory NanoForce arrows
363 gr. arrow
28 inch draw
67# draw weight
310 fps

alex
03-27-2010, 02:02 PM
Any ideas? Yes, lower the DW ;) I can't recommend a good target, because i use an old suitcase filled with cloths or cardboard boxes filled with newspapers :D By the way i have no more then 10" of penetration even from a couple of yards.

rongcp
03-28-2010, 04:30 AM
Best target I've ever used. Had the block, wore out in a month. Got the rhinehart and had it for over a year and that is with shooting G5 Striker Magnums with 1 1/2 cut with a arrow weight of 460grain. Field points barely penetrate it, I will mention it is alittle harder to pull field points out of it, compared to the block but it is well worth it.

polaris754
03-28-2010, 05:04 AM
how close are u shooting ?:eek:

rjd
03-28-2010, 05:11 AM
My target is just stuffed with the plastic wrap. I only get about 6" of penatration from 40 yards. What poundage and arrows are you shooting?

Shoot a 3d this weekend and they had a kinds of targets never had one stick in more then 8". I really want some of your power for my Firecat:D

Montalaar
03-28-2010, 05:21 AM
http://images.archerydirect-shop.de/STRA_s.jpg

or

http://images.archerydirect-shop.de/BIG-FLS_s.jpg

The second one is made out of recycled plastic waste and the best target i have ever tried. Mine is build up like the first one but out of this plastics and you just can interchange the parts if you need to.

Ehunter
03-28-2010, 06:04 AM
For those that wondered. I'm getting that kind of penetration from 30 yards and in with the broadheads (GlenDel buck target), and 40 and in with field points (on the bag target). At 35 yards, broadheads finally leave enough arrow outside the target for me to pull arrows by the fletching. Anything closer, and the fletch is inside the target. I think I must have just hit the perfect arrow set-up for penetration. Never seen anything like this before. Only thing I can figure out is that these Victory NanoForce arrows are only .224 OD. Smaller diameter than the base of field points or broadheads. That's gotta be what's giving me this kind of penetration. That, and the great members of this forum helping me get the bow tuned perfectly. I thank everyone that helped for that!

28 inch NanoForce arrow
100 gr. Shuttle T-Lock heads (or field points)
2.25 inch QuickSpin vanes
363 gr. total arrow weight
67# draw weight
28 inch draw
309-310 fps (chrony)
'09 Firecat

Sagittarius
03-28-2010, 07:18 AM
I have a cube and have had it for 6 months my boy and I shoot at it and at 68#s -15yds penetrate about 8 inchs. The arrows are a pain to pull out unless u spray them with something. The cube also has 6 sides to shoot at with targets on five of them.