PDA

View Full Version : Qestion to a 2006th Martin P3

AlleInsGold
03-30-2010, 04:12 AM
Hello from Germany :),

I seller offered me a Martin P3 from the year 2006. He want 350 (465US $) for it, without anything else. So I have to buy a arrowtable (surely the wrong word :D ), a visir and a release.

Its my first own bow, I shoot since 4 month a recuve with 26lbs. :cool:

My questions are:

1. Is 4 years old material ok?
2. Is it a problem, if the bow lay in corner for 4 year in tight status?
3. How it is with replacemant part for older Martin bows?
4. Is the P3 recommend for beginners?

Cheers from Germany

Dick

Montalaar
03-30-2010, 05:55 AM
I asked you some questions in your other thread you need to answer before anyone will be able to help you.

There is no need to use the english language here if you are more comfortable with german.

1) Depending on how the previous owner has cared and what has been done to it - no problem.

2) No. But new strings can be recommended as the old ones may have stretched or creeped.

3) In Germany it is fairly easy to get replacement parts. Only limbs may be somewhat harder to get.

4) That depends on the actual configuration. There are many different possible P3's out there..

Montalaar
03-30-2010, 05:58 AM
Uh, forgot to mention:

If you feel uncomfortable by posting german here.. You can always send me a pm with your questions. I'm glad to help people out.

AlleInsGold
03-30-2010, 06:27 AM
Uh, forgot to mention:

If you feel uncomfortable by posting german here.. You can always send me a pm with your questions. I'm glad to help people out.

THx a lot. On witch part of Germany did you come?

And to you qestions: Im sorry, but Im thought, that I had answer on all of it.
Witch question is open?

And I dont know, the configuration of the offeres P3...

So, what should I do :(

Dick

bfisher
03-30-2010, 06:28 AM
Simon,

I just knew you could help on this one. Very good.

AlleInsGold
03-30-2010, 06:31 AM
Simon,

I just knew you could help on this one. Very good.

:confused::confused: Who is Simon and what is very good :confused::confused:

Montalaar
03-30-2010, 06:49 AM
Thanks for your belief, Barry. ;)

Well Dick, i am Simon. ;)

AlleInsGold
03-30-2010, 06:53 AM
Thanks for your belief, Barry. ;)

Well Dick, i am Simon. ;)

Ok, hello Simon,

how can you help me?

Montalaar
03-30-2010, 06:53 AM
I will send you some suggestions this evening.

Take a look at your other thread. If you have questions shoot me a pm.

bfisher
03-30-2010, 06:57 AM
:confused::confused: Who is Simon and what is very good :confused::confused:

Montalaar's name is Simon and he lives in Germany. On this site there are people of many different nationalities, although we act like a family. Many of us have gotten to know each other well enough that we refer to each other by first name. You are welcome to join us as well.

Being German, you can contact Simon by PM and he will understand you better. Your terminology in English is a bit confusing at this point, and no apologies are necessary for this. Your English is way better than my German. Simon is pretty well versed in English so may be able to help you more.

Hope you get your questions answered to your satisfaction and don't be afraid to join in conversations. We can learn from you, too.

OK Simon. It's your turn.........

Barry

AlleInsGold
03-30-2010, 07:02 AM
Montalaar's name is Simon and he lives in Germany. On this site there are people of many different nationalities, although we act like a family. Many of us have gotten to know each other well enough that we refer to each other by first name. You are welcome to join us as well.

Barry

Hi Barry,
thx for this welcome. My english writing is confused like my knowledge of bows :D

If I become a part of the martin family, I think both will be better in a short time. :rolleyes:

Cheers from Germany 30 Miles nothern Hamburg

Dick

Montalaar
03-30-2010, 08:35 AM
Thanks Barry for your kind words. :)

bfisher
03-30-2010, 09:22 AM
Hi Barry,
thx for this welcome. My english writing is confused like my knowledge of bows :D

If I become a part of the martin family, I think both will be better in a short time. :rolleyes:

Cheers from Germany 30 Miles nothern Hamburg

Dick

You're quite welcome, Dick. Don't you worry. Between Simon and a few others on here we'll always figure something out for you. Welcome to the Tech forums.

Simon, as we say here in the states, what goes around comes around. The Golden Rule applies everywhere.

AlleInsGold
03-31-2010, 02:22 AM
Thx all for helping.

My P3 is unfurtunatly sold out.

We see us again, if I buy an other Martin later. ;)

Thx again and cheers from Germany

Dick