PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Firecat Pro Cam upgrade

elkaholic.ma
03-30-2010, 08:17 AM
Does anyone know if Martin is offering the new 2010 cams to be installed onto the 2009 Firecat Pro bow? Obviously, I would have to purchase the new cams.

I guess I am worrying about cam lean over time, since I do not plan on buying any new bow for quite a while. I love the 2009 Firecat. The only problem I have experienced in a year is a shortened cable serving life(Serving cut through after only 4 months of shooting). The cable serving is cut through close to the end of the cable by the cams.

Is there any fix for the short cable serving life too?

Spiker
03-30-2010, 08:33 AM
Does anyone know if Martin is offering the new 2010 cams to be installed onto the 2009 Firecat Pro bow? Obviously, I would have to purchase the new cams.

I guess I am worrying about cam lean over time, since I do not plan on buying any new bow for quite a while. I love the 2009 Firecat. The only problem I have experienced in a year is a shortened cable serving life(Serving cut through after only 4 months of shooting). The cable serving is cut through close to the end of the cable by the cams.

Is there any fix for the short cable serving life too?

You have to swap the limbs, cams, rotocups and strings to convert to '10 style cams. Cost may be as much as purchasing a '10 model.

The serving issue is easy - just have to re-serve your strings with Halo serving or buy a set of custom strings/cables.

Another option, I suppose, would be to purchase a set of the '10 modules which are thinner and give a bit more room between them and the cables.
You would need to verify that they will work with your cams.
Do you have the CAT's or CAT 2's.?
Bfisher may be able to give you an answer about the compatibility...

bfisher
03-30-2010, 09:25 AM
The newer modules should fit your cams. They are quite an improvement and I believe were Martin's answer to serving wear on some of the '09 cams. If you talk it over with your dealer he can call Martin and they might replace your present modules as a warranty issue.

elkaholic.ma
03-30-2010, 10:17 AM
I think I have the Cat2 cam, but will need to check at home. Sorry for sounding dumb, but what is considered to be the 'module'. Is that the Cam and bearing set?

Thanks for the advice I will contact the dealer and Martin home if needed to ask the question.

Montalaar
03-30-2010, 11:14 AM
If you look at your Cam there is something made out of aluminium which is secured via two screws into the cam. This is the module. One of the cables runs ober the module on each cam when you draw the bow. The module determines the drawlength (in combination with the drawstop).

There are newer modules which will fit your current Cam and may help you with your serving/cable issue.

Spiker
03-30-2010, 01:30 PM
What they said - and the modules are gray, cams are black. If they are the
C2's they have CAT 2 engraved on them.

elkaholic.ma
03-31-2010, 12:09 PM
UPDATE:

I spoke with Sonya at Martin in reference to possibly obtaining new modules for my '09 Firecat under the warentee. She told me that Martin had a 'conversion kit' available for me consisting of new limbs, limb pockets, cams, modules, cables and strings; all FREE OF CHARGE. :D

I was pleasantly surprised that Martin was handling this '09design issue with this free conversion kit via the warentee. She took my delivery information and said I should have this kit sometime next week.

I will bring the bow with the kit to my dealer and get it all swapped out. Hopefully I will be shooting once again without worrying about my cable serving being cut through.

I will follow up with another message to this thread once everything has been replaced...