PDA

View Full Version : 3/4 dry fire!! HOLY BEJEEZUS!!

Lthrnck03
03-31-2010, 04:33 PM
Holy Bejezzus Batman!!!! Was outside a few minutes ago, had the wifey taking some pics, so I could be one more person asking forms questions. I was letting down the string as I always do, when all the sudden my finger must have just barely touched the trigger on my release. Yep, you guessed it, from about 3/4 draw, it dry fired! I can't believe it. I just dry fired my baby!!!! Lower cam derailed, though not completely.

Needless to say I rushed in the house, pulled out the mag lite, and cotton swabs to check to see if there were any cracks. So far I haven't found any cracks anywhere.

Are there any particular areas I should pay attention to when looking over my baby?

Should I take it to my local archery shop to have it looked over??

Son-of-a-%#$@^......I can't believe this just happened!!

brushrat
03-31-2010, 04:55 PM
more likely there was some side torque applied to the handle when you let it down and the string rolled off the side of the cam or idler. Wev'e probably all done that at least once. Loosen the limb bolts and put the string back on if it doesn't have any broken strands AND if you cannot find any cracks in the limbs after looking it over closely with a flashlight. Set the limb bolts to the lowest draw weight allowed by your bow model and shoot it a few times. If ok, tighten the limbs down a couple more turns and try again. Keep doing that till you reach your max draw weight. If it didn;t do anything you should be good to go. Good luck:)

polaris754
03-31-2010, 06:50 PM
yep did that too and what ever he said 939v j9879Y*(*&(**&*&*&(*Yyzg yep thats what mine did too GOOD advise dont do that again it scares the bajeues outa me ok whew glad thats said and done thank u good night :eek:

alex
04-01-2010, 10:11 AM
And use some eye protection!