PDA

View Full Version : Cam lean? or worse?

steinke_tim
04-01-2010, 05:52 PM
I have a Martin Bengal i beleive to be a 07 or 08. While letting off, the string has popped off from my upper cam. I had taken it to a dealer, and he had noticed that the upper limp is bent or has a torque to it. He was unsure of a way to fix this. I have read through the tech forum, and am thinking that it has to do with cam lean? I am unsure of my options, or if i am diagnosing this problem correctly. The string sits to the far left of the groove and both times popped off to the left. The worst part is this happened to me while in the stand. I was so frustrated i nearly threw the bow at the deer. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Montalaar
04-01-2010, 11:50 PM
To check for Cam lean put an arrow on the side of the Idler wheel. If it does not line down with the string you have lean. By twisting the yoke cable on the sides of the limb you can correct this a little bit.

As this happened you already one time before you should ask your shop to check for a bent axle, too.

If you find out that the limb is bent also if you disassamble the bow it is time to call Martin and get you a new set of limbs. This is a case of warranty.