PDA

View Full Version : '09 MOAB Limbs

LMJii
04-05-2010, 06:57 PM
Recently purchased an '09 Moab. Enjoy the bow, shoots great but looking for peak performance.

I'm not able to reach 70 lbs draw weight when I crank the limb bolts down (67 lbs. max). I bought the bow from an authorized Martin dealer as a 55 - 70 lb bow. The limbs are labeled "4M". Are these limbs capable of reaching the 70 lb draw weight? Anyone know anything about this? Also, the bow came with an F-5 module which is not listed as a variant for the '09 MOAB. I did not receive other modules, but my local bowsmith had an F-4 which I swapped out. Any thoughts on this? Thanks.

alex
04-06-2010, 04:09 AM
First of all you must take from the shop all the modules, they are included in the price which you've paid. Check your specs - the brace height and the axle to axle - if they're not close to the factory ones this may cause the DW problem you have.

Dave308
04-06-2010, 04:54 AM
I had to put 10 twists in the factory cable to get mine into spec.

bfisher
04-06-2010, 06:19 PM
Check on Martin's main website. Look for past specs--2009. 4M limbs are supposed to be for 60#. The F5 module falls somewhere in between 28" (F4) and 29" (F6). With the F5 you could concievably go either way just by playing with cable/string lengths.

Consider what Alex said. Martin ships every single bow with a full set of "F" (F1-F7) modules. You paid for them and the dealer should have given them to you. Then you could swap your own.

LMJii
04-06-2010, 06:36 PM
Thanks all. For clarification...I purchased the bow from an authorized dealer in WA and had it shipped to FL. No, the modules did not come with the bow, but as I mentioned, the local bowsmith I work with had spare modules and that's how I came to swap out the F5 that came on the bow with the F4 the local guy happened to have. I have checked out the past specs and see that the M4 limbs are #60. I must say, I'm a bit dissapointed with the WA dealer who misrepresented the bow AS A #70 (#55 - #70)and did not ship the modules that understand should have come with the bow. In any case, the bow shoots well. And I suppose I can live with the 67/68 lbs I can get out of it. I may have to buy the F6 module that is related to the 29" draw though. What are the chances Martin may swap limbs if I pay shipping both ways? Thanks to everyone for their input.

russ65034
04-06-2010, 06:49 PM
I have 5L magnum limbs that are 70# and 14". They are 2 yrs. old. All i do is hunt and shoot at my target every once in a while. I am looking for some 60# limbs. If they would work on your moab would you be interested in trading. If you are and aren't completely satisfied we could swap back and I would pay for all shipping so you wouldn't be out any money. I would even pay for shipping the first time. PM me or just post on the forum if interested. Russ Wilson

BCBill
04-07-2010, 06:26 AM
I have an 09 Moab and just checked the limbs. I bought the bow as a 55-70#and am shooting it at 67# backed out a couple turns. The limbs are marked as 4M- 13" but the decal with specs on the limb says 55 -70#. I wonder if its possible that Martin has the wrong numbers on their site. Hopefully someone on here knows the answer. Whats right the spec label, the data written on the limb or Martins site?

bfisher
04-07-2010, 09:18 AM
Russ, that's a nice gesture, but it won't work. Most of the newer bows have 13" limbs.

For you other guys. Best bet for you is to call customer service and ask what limbs should be on the bow.

LMJ, ask for Joel. Explain the situation about the modules. If he's in a good mood he might ship you a whole pack.

gibson 787
04-07-2010, 03:08 PM
You might be on to something BCBILL re the wrong codes for limbs on the Martin site. I also have an 09 Moab with 4M on the limbs with the label stating 55-70#. I'm shooting it at 67# with a little over a full turn to go to max out the limbs.

I also have an 09 warthog with code 5H and the label stating 55-70# (which I can achieve when maxed out), but on the Martin site, it states that 55-70# limb code is 3H for an 09 Warthog. A bit confusing.