PDA

View Full Version : Martin carbon arrows

Ray from Auburn
04-06-2010, 01:22 AM
Just curious if anyone has ever purchased and used the carbon arrows that Martin sells? How do they compare to the other brands out there.

alex
04-06-2010, 04:11 AM
I tought they sell Gold Tip arrows...

bfisher
04-06-2010, 06:30 PM
Are you asking about the Blackhawk Vapors? If so they are indeed a subsidiary of Gold Tip---for a couple years now. You can probably do a search and get some info. Just type in Blackhawk Archery. Gold tip bought Blackhawk a couple years ago.

The only ones I've ever shot were the 23 Speeds and they were a decent arrow. Not what I'd call top-o-the-line but then the price isn't up there either.

As for durability? Don't even go there. All arrows are durable enough for there intended purpose. Start shooting rocks and trees and such and they can all break. Durability is more a function of wall thickness and mass weight. An arrow that weighs more will naturally have thicker walls and taske more abuse, the same as the old aluminum shafts. The trade-off is a slower arrow.

Persoanlly I'm a speed freak and always have shot thin walled arrows (aluminum and carbon) and have had very few issues. As I said, you shoot trees and rocks or shoot tight groups you can expect to damage arrows. It's all part of the game. I learned a long time ago to shoot multiple spots and shoot within a range that I know I can hit what I'm aiming at. A dozen arrows can last me as long as 10 years, although I'm always shooting different shafts just to try something new.

Sagittarius
04-07-2010, 05:54 AM
Hey Ray I shoot Blackhawk Vapor pros and have had no probs w\ them. I put them on the scale and they are well within the specs they advertise. The straightness is also well within specs. The only one I had any ??s about, broke in two in flight but it hit the back stop a few times and I don't inspect my arrows like I should. The price is very reasonable also, a big ++++++ However I did not buy them from Martin, I got them at sportsmans guide ???

Ray from Auburn
04-08-2010, 12:48 AM
Thanks BFisher & Sag, I will try and p/u some.