PDA

View Full Version : Shadowcat issue

Pic
04-08-2010, 11:15 AM
I just received my New Shadowcat and the ATA is 41 5/8th, and 7.5 BH.

My issue is this. When I turn my cable guard in to give me say, 1/8 clearance from my mini blazer vanes on my GT pro X cutters and I draw my bow, the post on the cams that hold one end of the cables, hits the other cable as the two meet. Now I turn my cable guard out and the same happens, but the contact is not as great.

So, anyone having this issue? my cams are not the CAT cams, as they look nothing like the ones on my Firecat. I'll try to get a picture up soon.

Serge

Montalaar
04-08-2010, 11:28 AM
The ShadowCat has CAT1.5 cams while the FireCat might have CAT2.0 cams depending on the year you bought it.

Unfortunately i cannot imagine what your problem is. I hope the pictures will help me.

Pic
04-08-2010, 04:52 PM
Here's apicture to describe what I mean. The post rubs on both cams, even if I turn the cable guard outward.

Montalaar
04-09-2010, 12:20 AM
Okay.

First thing is that you have the right cams on it. Those are the small CAT1.5 Cams and everything is fine with them.

I am not sure how to cure that problem as i have not that much experience with those Cams but you could try to put some twists in the cable that is touching the post. Just around 2 or 3 to see if that changes something.

bfisher
04-09-2010, 04:55 PM
Looking at it real closely I'd say that the draw stop is set up to too long a position allowing the cam to rotate too far when you draw the bow. Not having seen a cat 1.5 cam yet this still appears to be the case. I don't think the cables anchor post is rubbing the other cable, but is bumping up against the cable. Is this what you mean? If so then setting the draw stop just a bit shorter will cure the problem for both cams.

Pic
04-12-2010, 05:18 PM
Hey guys, sorry for the delay, I'm in Dominican right now :D:D

Brian, I have a 30 inch draw and the peg crosses the cable way before I get there. I'm really stumped. I tried tuning my cable guard outward and it still hit the cable.

Montalaar, I may try the cable turns to see. This cam has a unique track for the cables. At first the cable is close but as you draw, the track for the cable come outward...(hard to explain)

I may try to get hold of Joel when I get back home..I really want to get this bow shooting...especially after all I've heard.

Later..Serge

Pic
04-16-2010, 05:17 PM
I don't think the cables anchor post is rubbing the other cable.

Brian, this is what is happening exactly. The top of the cable post rubs on the cable as the cams turn. This happens on both cams.

I will call Joel and talk to him next week, to see if he's heard of this problem.

Serge

Montalaar
04-16-2010, 11:07 PM
Serge, his name is Barry. ;)

Please measure if you have Camlean. This is the only way there could be rubbing.

Pic
04-18-2010, 07:23 AM
Serge, his name is Barry. ;)

Please measure if you have Camlean. This is the only way there could be rubbing.

Thanks...It's not the first time...:D

0 cam lean...looking at it this morning...still can't figure out how to fix it....I may have to get the cam 2.0 cams instead.

JayBArchery
04-19-2010, 06:42 AM
Mine is doing the same thing post any news please.

Montalaar
04-19-2010, 06:53 AM
Have you called MartinArchery customer service already?

@Pic
Wait some weeks with the upgrade if you wish to do so. There will be some changes to the limbs, soon.

Pic
04-20-2010, 12:07 PM
I spoke to Shawn Hatem and he mentionned that I should add a few twist to each cables and that should take care of the problem. So I will try it tonight or tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

My understanding is this cam is very popular and a dream to shoot...I can't wait to get it shooting.

Serge

JayBArchery
04-23-2010, 04:48 PM
Has any one got info on this cable rubbing problem? all Martin told me was to call my pro shop. They don,t have a clue.

bfisher
04-23-2010, 06:53 PM
Has any one got info on this cable rubbing problem? all Martin told me was to call my pro shop. They don,t have a clue.

Then they should call customer service and talk to some tech rep that can explain what the problem might be.. Then maybe they'll "have a clue" if they see it again. And they might be able to tell you, too.

Montalaar
04-24-2010, 12:18 AM
In my opinion the 'cable-twist-method' shoudl work as it will change the orientation of the cam in a horizontal plane a bit. It will also move the cables a bit more to the outside as the angle in the triangle formed by the cams and the cable slide is getting larger.

Pic
04-26-2010, 07:52 AM
In my opinion the 'cable-twist-method' shoudl work as it will change the orientation of the cam in a horizontal plane a bit. It will also move the cables a bit more to the outside as the angle in the triangle formed by the cams and the cable slide is getting larger.

I played around with my Shadowcat cables last night, and had my ATA go between 41 2/8 up to 41 6/8 and when the bow is drawn, there still some rubbing going on.

Here's the probelem ( I think)...which has been brought to Martin's attention:

The reason, from what I can see (which may or may not say much lol) is that the 2 cable posts on both cams are the same height. Now, I know that the cable coming into the inside of the cam (close to the axle) is set on an off-set track, but as the cams are drawn, the cable starts to track towards the inside, at which point the cable are coming closer together, causing the cable post on the outside of the post touching the cable which runs close to the axle.

Hope you guys know what Imean.

Serge

bfisher
04-26-2010, 09:04 AM
I played around with my Shadowcat cables last night, and had my ATA go between 41 2/8 up to 41 6/8 and when the bow is drawn, there still some rubbing going on.

Here's the probelem ( I think)...which has been brought to Martin's attention:

The reason, from what I can see (which may or may not say much lol) is that the 2 cable posts on both cams are the same height. Now, I know that the cable coming into the inside of the cam (close to the axle) is set on an off-set track, but as the cams are drawn, the cable starts to track towards the inside, at which point the cable are coming closer together, causing the cable post on the outside of the post touching the cable which runs close to the axle.

Hope you guys know what Imean.

Serge

Serge,

I don't have an answer for you at this point, but I understand exactly what you are now saying. I'll have to look at my FireCat and see what I can come up with. I'm having a bit of serving wear on mine, but not so bad that I've taken the time to really scrutinize it. Maybe it's time to do that.

Spiker
04-26-2010, 10:47 AM
Barry- just curious, at your draw length does the post still cross the path of the cable? I would think that it still would or be right at it at full draw.
Mine is set at 28.5" dl and rotates about an inch past - however there is a bit more than 1/8" clearance between the post and cable when they meet.
That is with the CAT2's not 1.5's.
With the 2.0's there is no way you could twist the cables up enough to do anything other than throw your cam rotation way off.
1.5's may differ but...
On a side note - my Rytera with the 2.0 Hybrix cams - the post stops about an inch before it even gets near the cable.

bfisher
04-26-2010, 12:11 PM
Barry- just curious, at your draw length does the post still cross the path of the cable? I would think that it still would or be right at it at full draw.
Mine is set at 28.5" dl and rotates about an inch past - however there is a bit more than 1/8" clearance between the post and cable when they meet.
That is with the CAT2's not 1.5's.
With the 2.0's there is no way you could twist the cables up enough to do anything other than throw your cam rotation way off.
1.5's may differ but...
On a side note - my Rytera with the 2.0 Hybrix cams - the post stops about an inch before it even gets near the cable.

Your assumption is correct, Spiker. I just looked and drew the bow and the post in question rolls around no where close to a point that it could rub the cable. Looks to be at least a 1" gap. Therefore I will be of no help in this situation. Still, at least I learned something from it. Oh, and for what it's worth I have 2.0 cams on this critter.

When I had contacted Joel about switching from the older 2008 cams to the 2010 2.0 cam I asked about getting 1.5 cams, but that would have entailed swapping the limbs again, which had just been shipped to me. We both figured, that since I could get my draw length out of the 2.0 cam anyway it wasn't worth the hassle. Besides that, my Alien Z, which will end up being my #1 bow will have the Hybrix 1.5 cams.

Well, back to the drawing board gentlemen.

Spiker
04-26-2010, 01:24 PM
Yer still waiting for the Z.?? I still will order one also but since I took the Nemesis that was ordered by mistake I am going to wait till this fall to get a Z. Should be available then and have any kinks worked outta them...
And I have no complaints about how the Nemesis shoots!

bfisher
04-26-2010, 03:54 PM
Yer still waiting for the Z.?? I still will order one also but since I took the Nemesis that was ordered by mistake I am going to wait till this fall to get a Z. Should be available then and have any kinks worked outta them...
And I have no complaints about how the Nemesis shoots!

Hate to hijack, but........ Yeah, I just spoke with Dawn at Rytera today. She punched in the order number and it showed the bow still wasn't built. At that point I asked to change my order from black riser/camo limbs to complete blackout, which is doable.

Then she brought up another screen and it said the bow was already shipped---4/13/10----to Augusta, Georgia, and delivered 4/20/10 Now for people from across the pond Georgia is about 800 miles south of where I live.

Anyway, that left her with some legwork to do, finding out just who got my bow. Anyway, she called me back a couple hours later and explained that they are going to build me another bow----all black, and it'll be about two weeks. She said she could ship me a 60# right away, but most of you guys know I can't handle it so I passed on that idea. I've waited 5 1/2 months now so what's another 2 weeks. Of course I expect that to mean about 5 weeks.