PDA

View Full Version : final tuning

madlaz
04-08-2010, 12:09 PM
After setting up bow to factory specs with limbs bottomed out where do you start fine tuning at max poundage or do tou start tuning at the poundage that you will be shooting at iam mainly needing the info on timing do you time the cams bottomed out or time them at your shooting weight thanks

J758
04-09-2010, 07:25 AM
Tune at shooting weight

elkslayer4x5
04-09-2010, 07:30 AM
Without knowing what bow you shoot, it is difficult to be specific, but I would think that you would start at your prefered draw weight, because you need arrows are spined for your draw weight. Once you've got the arrows, correctly spined, you can start tunning, start with nocking point height, then rest windage, remembering that limb bolts are also part of your tunning tools. Of course, I could be all wrong, others will be along to correct me if I am. :)

madlaz
04-09-2010, 03:33 PM
The bow is a Scepter 4 with 55lb limbs shooting at 48 lbs 29" draw lenght using either behman 500 or pse xweave 425 at 29inches long one bow has the small furious cams the other has the large cams going to try the x system and the cable guard see wich works the best on both bows