PDA

View Full Version : Martin bow issues what the heck is going on?

Walt Hagemeister
04-08-2010, 08:52 PM
I have an 09 MOAB with 4m limbs, factory sticker says 55-70#. They are down all the way and I have 70#. So now after much reading here I am confused they should be 5m's?. I was also led to believe by specs that I could get 31 draw but even with f7 I still had to loop it to get 30.5. I have been really pleased with this bow except the draw length cause I need 31" min but better would be 32". Now I find that I have a cracked limb right under the edge of the bow info sticker starting under the bridge where it flexes when drawn. Ive only had this bow for 8 months. :mad

Is this limb cracking due to mis-labeled and installed limbs from the factory?
Should you have to max out any limbs to get the right # for you?

I have read so many problems with limbs, cables, cams etc. I am wondering who is building, labeling and such the parts. Sounds like there is a serious problem brewing with QC. So now I have ordered a ShadowCat with CatII's to get my draw length (per dealer contact with Martin to get me the right bow) and it is costing me an extra 300.00 to do this from my MOAB. I am nervous now that I am just going down the rabbit hole and will find troubles with what is a supposed to be a new solid top notch bow. My faith in Martin is dwindling as to the post after post of troubles I read here.

Has anyone ever gotten the chance to take a tour at Martin factory? I think if I have any problem with my new ShadowCat when it finally gets here that I will just drive there and show up on the steps. I am just about 4.5 hrs north of them.

I hope that I can drop the draw weight and my arrow weight to get the bang and speed I am looking from my new ShadowCat so that it is not maxed out in its performance capabilities and perhaps that will keep it from self destructing over a short time.

Sorry for the long vent...

Montalaar
04-09-2010, 12:26 AM
Is this limb cracking due to mis-labeled and installed limbs from the factory?

-> No, as it has nothing to do with the limbs. My idea is that maybe your string and cable were not spot on so they put more stress on the limbs.

Should you have to max out any limbs to get the right # for you?

-> If you got a 55-70# bow you must have to tighten the limb bolts all the way down to get the max poundage.

Has anyone ever gotten the chance to take a tour at Martin factory?

-> Yeah some people have visited martin and took a factory tour. :)

I question myself why you got a MOAB if the draw could be too short (Maybe your string could be in peg 2 which will shorten your draw bei 0.5" explaining why you get only 30.5" draw). If you get a ShadowCat i am sure you will be pretty satisfied. :)