PDA

View Full Version : Should i really buy a jaguar???????

dustyR
08-28-2006, 09:23 PM
i gotta admit when i left my pro shop today i was dead set on purchasing a jaguar bow. It felt really smooth it shot great and it just seemed like the best bow i pulled all day and i pulled a bunch of em! i had them crank it all the way up to 65# and i still felt i could go another 10# ez. but now that i have read this tech forum im really doubting myself. the last thing i want is something that is going to need frequent trips to the pro shop or even worse fail while shooting at that buck.

Elk4me
08-29-2006, 11:47 AM
I would have faith in a Jaguar. The problems your reading about is with the Saber wich is a 1st -2nd yr bow. I have a 06 Saber and love it .:D

Bubba101st
08-29-2006, 10:42 PM
I have an 05' Jaguar and have had NO problems with it. Last season I dropped it and it went for a ride down a pretty steap hill (it was the bow or the boy). I had to replace the sights, stabilizer and quiver. I had it retuned and it still shoots great. I am going to hunt with it this year and more than likely next season as well. I am sure that you will be happy with the Jaguar. It is thye first bow that I have owned in a number of years and I plan on getting my son one for next season.

Myk
08-30-2006, 12:58 AM
What makes you think you would have frequent trips to the shop or have it fail?

You said it yourself, this is a tech forum. This is where people come when they have problems.
That's about like going to a Goodyear garage and deciding that Goodyears are bad tires because of all the peole you see getting serviced.

Martin is a good company, they don't hide their problems like some other manufacturers do on their forums.

Montey Jessey
08-30-2006, 04:57 PM
Yeah, what makes you think you're going to have problems?

And IF, and I repeat IF you ever did, Martin would take care of you in a snap. Martin's reputation for quality is second to none.

Is this a used bow and you are in doubt of its condition?

dustyR
08-31-2006, 01:10 AM
Yeah, what makes you think you're going to have problems?

And IF, and I repeat IF you ever did, Martin would take care of you in a snap. Martin's reputation for quality is second to none.

Is this a used bow and you are in doubt of its condition?

Maybe i should repost my question to ( has anyone been dissatisfied with their jaguar) because thats all i wanted to know.

hunter
08-31-2006, 02:27 AM
Maybe i should repost my question to ( has anyone been dissatisfied with their jaguar) because thats all i wanted to know.

No, I feel like you can't go wrong with this bow. I shot this bow beside a many different brands I mean high dollar bows.And group right with them. Also, A friend has one and had no string silencers on it and it was still a very quiet bow..He loves his as well. Martin put together a good hunting/shooting bow that is affordable and could fit most all adults..IMO ...Very smart

Myk
08-31-2006, 04:46 PM
I've never shot a Jaguar but I've heard a lot of people who are satisfied with them.

If you can go to $400-ish take a look at the Bengal, it's a pretty hot little bow (and I have shot that one).

dustyR
08-31-2006, 10:53 PM
The Bengal!!!! funny that you mentioned it. i was on the phone a few hours ago calling every pro shop within 100 miles of my home that deals with martin and many have never even heard of this bow and those that have are out and have no idea when they will get more.

bengal1
09-03-2006, 07:32 PM
The bengal is definetly worth going for ( from Experince with it. ) It is perhaps the smoothest and most acurate bow i have shot, the jag would be a great choice as well.