PDA

View Full Version : 09 martin firecat missing side riser plate??

BENGAL ARCHER
04-19-2010, 06:27 AM
:confused:I have a question; hopefuly someone can help me. I just bought a New 09 LH Martin Firecat. I noticed when I unpackaged it, on the side of the riser where the the arrow rest is supposed to be installed there is a section where it is cut out for a black side plate that it did not bring from the factory. I really would like to get this side plate before I set up the bow.

Thanks...

09 Martin FireCat 70LB
Rage 2 Blade BroadHeads

ksig512
04-19-2010, 06:45 AM
Is it in the shape of a "u" If so mine did not come with one either. I'm not sure it there is anything supposed to be there...

BENGAL ARCHER
04-19-2010, 06:54 AM
Is it in the shape of a "u" If so mine did not come with one either. I'm not sure it there is anything supposed to be there...

Thanks for the response, hopefuly someone from Martin can shed some light on the subject...

elkslayer4x5
04-19-2010, 07:10 AM
If this is the part you're talking about, all I know about is that there are differnt thickness of them, this one is from an older Martin Lynx, and is too thick to work on my 2nd Slayer, but the Quiktune 3000 thats on that bow is spanning the gap left by the missing piece. I have no idea what the part is called and have asked several time about it, I do know that I'd like another one to fit a 2006 Slayer.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v728/deast-lr/DSCN1200.jpg

BENGAL ARCHER
04-19-2010, 07:15 AM
If this is the part you're talking about, all I know about is that there are differnt thickness of them, this one is from an older Martin Lynx, and is too thick to work on my 2nd Slayer, but the Quiktune 3000 thats on that bow is spanning the gap left by the missing piece. I have no idea what the part is called and have asked several time about it, I do know that I'd like one to fit on my 06 Slayer
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v728/deast-lr/DSCN1200.jpg

Yea that is the part..My Bengal has one, so I assume that if there is a cut out on the riser of the Firecat with bolt patten on the riser already from the factory it should have one...

ksig512
04-19-2010, 07:32 AM
Mine does not have that either . I dont know what that part does for the bow, but mine shoots fine with out it.

elkslayer4x5
04-19-2010, 07:38 AM
The Martin mount is what that cutout is for, and the piece should have been in place when you got the Firecat, if you are the first owner of that bow, let me know if you find out anything about it, I'd like one as well.

bfisher
04-19-2010, 07:55 AM
:confused:I have a question; hopefuly someone can help me. I just bought a New 09 LH Martin Firecat. I noticed when I unpackaged it, on the side of the riser where the the arrow rest is supposed to be installed there is a section where it is cut out for a black side plate that it did not bring from the factory. I really would like to get this side plate before I set up the bow.

Thanks...

09 Martin FireCat 70LB
Rage 2 Blade BroadHeads

I can't find my 2010 catalog for some reason. Heck, who knows, I might have given it away. Anyway, I went through my 2009 catalog and the on-line store and didn't find it either. Then pulled out my parts list and the only thing I'm finding that fits the description is part # BP-97, U-shaped Inlay.

My 2008 FireCat came with one, but my 2009 Moab did not. Maybe they quit putting them on the bow. In most cases it won't make any difference as most rests span the slot anyway.

BENGAL ARCHER
04-19-2010, 08:02 AM
The Martin mount is what that cutout is for, and the piece should have been in place when you got the Firecat, if you are the first owner of that bow, let me know if you find out anything about it, I'd like one as well.

Yea I'm the first owner, I just received it a few days ago. If that cut out is for the Martin Mount that would be great since I'm gonna install a whisker biscuit anyways but they don't make The original Martin Mount in Black for LH. I have a whisker biscuit from Trophy Ridge on my Bengal & that plate makes a nice flush mounting surface for the bracket.

BENGAL ARCHER
04-19-2010, 08:07 AM
I can't find my 2010 catalog for some reason. Heck, who knows, I might have given it away. Anyway, I went through my 2009 catalog and the on-line store and didn't find it either. Then pulled out my parts list and the only thing I'm finding that fits the description is part # BP-97, U-shaped Inlay.

My 2008 FireCat came with one, but my 2009 Moab did not. Maybe they quit putting them on the bow. In most cases it won't make any difference as most rests span the slot anyway.

So why would the factory keep making the risers with the slot cut out and the pattern with holes for the screws??

ksig512
04-19-2010, 08:08 AM
I purchased mine in 09 and it didnt come with one either... My rest covers most of it... I would not worry about it to much

bfisher
04-19-2010, 09:37 AM
So why would the factory keep making the risers with the slot cut out and the pattern with holes for the screws??

The risers are machined so those who prefer a rest using the Martin Lock Mount can do so. It does make for a more aesthetic appearance and a more secure mount, but I've never had a rest move on many years. If you check out the Martin on-line store you'll find you can buy a Whisker Bisquit with the Martin Lock Mount as an integral part. I've got one that I tried for a while and can say there is no advantage if you know how to mount a rest and tighten it down.

BENGAL ARCHER
04-19-2010, 09:54 AM
The risers are machined so those who prefer a rest using the Martin Lock Mount can do so. It does make for a more aesthetic appearance and a more secure mount, but I've never had a rest move on many years. If you check out the Martin on-line store you'll find you can buy a Whisker Bisquit with the Martin Lock Mount as an integral part. I've got one that I tried for a while and can say there is no advantage if you know how to mount a rest and tighten it down.

I know they have Martin Lock Mount on the site; but they don't offer it for LH bow. Aestheticly it would nice to have the plate...:) I dont mind paying for it if need be.

oktx
04-19-2010, 09:56 AM
I read on AT they have not used that piece for two years.

BENGAL ARCHER
04-19-2010, 10:20 AM
I read on AT they have not used that piece for two years. OK thanks for the info..

Spiker
04-19-2010, 10:53 AM
The lock mount should fit right or left.
The newer bows dont have that cut out but you can still buy them for the ones that do.

bfisher
04-19-2010, 05:35 PM
I gave you the part number. Call customer service and see if it's right and if so order one. They'll send it to you, I'll bet.

BENGAL ARCHER
04-20-2010, 11:17 AM
I gave you the part number. Call customer service and see if it's right and if so order one. They'll send it to you, I'll bet.

Thanks....:cool:

BENGAL ARCHER
04-22-2010, 10:15 AM
Thanks....:cool:
I called & they said that it will not fit...:(