PDA

View Full Version : Nitrous B Cam Roataion

crag
04-22-2010, 01:09 PM
I have been trying to get my DL correct and I tihnk I have it nailed down, but I am not sure if I have over rotated the cams. I am thinking I have gone too far with them and have lost most of the efficincy of the cams. my DW is where I want it but my speed is way down. I have it at 16" limbs(3L) 29" DL @ 55#'s shooting a 28.25" 3-39 weighs about 366 grains and Archers advantage gives me an estimated speed of 234fps. I have the option of going to a set of furious cams to pick up some DW or try and find some new limbs to keep my DW and rotate the cams to a better position or try and find some A cams. any sugestions to keep my DW and try to get some more speed out of it?

copterdoc
04-22-2010, 02:10 PM
Your cams are retarded enough that they are adding more BH than the increase in DL can keep up with.

If you advance them, your DW will drop a bunch.

Since you have mini-mods and are nowhere close to the max DL setting, I would recommend switching to "A" cams, with standard modules.

"A" cams will require a shorter string, but they will also give you more speed.

If you want to trade cams, I have a couple sets of NOS A's.

crag
04-22-2010, 02:39 PM
Thank you for the sugestion.
i have a regular set of furious cams that i can try as well how much of difference is there between the A and the furious in terms of speed and feel to the B? I have not shot the furious in over a year and do not rember what they were like.
also what would the DW change be from the B to the A/furious?

Thank you

copterdoc
04-22-2010, 03:24 PM
I think the DW will be about 5# higher with either the Furious or the NOS A cams.

I don't like Furious cams, because they don't have bearings. As far as I am concerned, bushings suck.

That's just my own technically educated opinion. I'm sure it will offend some folks, but that won't change my mind.

bfisher
04-22-2010, 06:13 PM
Doesn't offend me Doc. I came up through the years with a lot of bows that had bushings; Brass, tercite, you name it. I do agree that bearings are better, however I would suggest that the OP go ahead and try the Furious cams he has. He really has nothing to lose and he may just like them. If he doesn't then he can take you up on your offer to swap the "B" for "A" Nitrous.

crag
04-23-2010, 07:49 AM
at this point I will probably use my furious cams untill I can get ahold of some A cams. will save the B for my dad's S2 mag.
thank you for your help.

crag
04-23-2010, 11:47 AM
ah,
i have found a set of A cams and a set of limbs that would take my DW to the same as the A's with the correct position of the B's (4M). there is aout a $10 difference in the two once you factor in a new string on the A.
I have never shot the A, or even drawn one back so I am not sure how they will feel compared to the B. will the A be a bit stiffer to pull at the same weight and will it give me more speed over the B?
I mostly shoot filed so speed is not a big concern.
thank you