PDA

View Full Version : Firecat broadhead tunning problems

slayer73
04-23-2010, 12:58 PM
I am shooting 100grn thunderheads and 100grn field tips with my bow maxed out on poundage.

I have been trying to get my bow to shoot broadheads and fp in the same place. I have been seeing my broadheads left of my fp about 8" when my bow is shooting thru paper perfect. I moved my rest to towards the riser and it got better but it is too close and does not leave enough room for my fletching to clear. I twisted my arrows and it got better but is still not exact. what am I doing wrong here?

polaris754
04-23-2010, 03:04 PM
need more details , what kind of bow ?whats your draw and arrow length,are you shooting ok with feild tips ,and way off with a blade ? need info please :eek:

slayer73
04-27-2010, 07:09 AM
Thanks for the reply but I got everything figured out. I just started over and I got it to where it is supposed to be. I am within 1" at 30yds with my broadheads so I am fine with that.....that is when I know it is a good shot lol

bfisher
04-27-2010, 06:24 PM
Thanks for the reply but I got everything figured out. I just started over and I got it to where it is supposed to be. I am within 1" at 30yds with my broadheads so I am fine with that.....that is when I know it is a good shot lol

OK, so what was the problem. Post it here so others may learn from your experience.

bronko22000
04-28-2010, 06:33 PM
But my trouble was with grouping. I initially did a paper tune and started shooting my field tips. Groups were OK but not what I was used to with my other bows. But I attributed it to the new 'feel' and would have to get used to it. I was getting a bit disgusted and went back to the drawing board so to speak. I checked the paper tuning at point blank range and it was perfect. So I backed up about 10 ft. (shooting 65# @ 28" with Easton Epic ST 400 cut 28 1/4") I was getting a tail right tear. It took me a lot of shots moving the rest about 1/32" at a time until I got a perfect tear again. Shot a couple more times to confirm. Next I ran a piece of electrical tape down my target for a reference and shot 6 arrows at different points on the line at 20 yds as recommended by the handbook I received with the Bengal. Discounting the pulled shot, all arrows were either on the line or very close proving the rest was set correctly. I then installed 3 broadheads and shot them at my Morrel broadhead target (one per bull). All 3 broadhead tipped arrows were right were they should be. No further adjustment was necessary. But if the broadheads did hit a different POI then more rest adustment would have been required.