PDA

View Full Version : how to attach an arrow rest to a Martin Jaguar

MEF
05-08-2010, 01:55 PM
Hello,
I purchased a Martin Jaguar Takedown Recurve bow today and I am curious as to how to install an arrow rest such as a whisker biscuit or an AMS wave rest? The accesory slot is not threaded and I would like to know how to do this as soon as possible so I can start shooting. Thanks.

alex
05-08-2010, 02:34 PM
I also tought of putting a WB on a take-down recurve, but more experienced archers here told me this is a bad choice. You'd better use something simple - a spring rest or even one of those cheap plastic rests which are glued on the bow (i have one on my bow and it works well). By the way it's quite strange that your bow's rest hole isn't threaded - the riser is from a compound bow and it should have a thread to accept all kinds of arrow rests.

MEF
05-08-2010, 04:06 PM
Thanks but I need to put on a roller rest for bowfishing and it is odd. The slot is sort of a rounded rectangle with absolutely no threading whatsoever and I cannot figure out how to attach a rest to this bow.

Korak
05-09-2010, 04:03 AM
I use a hostage rest on mine. A nut nestles in the slot, screw a allen head into the nut.

alex
05-09-2010, 06:19 AM
Thanks but I need to put on a roller rest for bowfishing and it is odd. The slot is sort of a rounded rectangle with absolutely no threading whatsoever and I cannot figure out how to attach a rest to this bow.
Hmm... i'd call Martin and tell them about this issue. And if there's no result i'd try to glue a threaded bushing inside the hole or try to fix the rest with 2 nuts if it is possible.

Spiker
05-09-2010, 06:57 AM
Martin makes a 'slide nut' that fits in the slot. You can buy it thru your pro shop or direct from Martin - they are in the catalog.
Also just a nut that fits into the slot works just fine.

MEF
05-09-2010, 07:43 AM
Ok thanks a lot. I was confused because on all of the addvertisements for the bow it states that it can be used with any arrow rest and I assumed that would be out of the box as well. Thanks.

DeepRiverBowman
05-12-2010, 12:21 AM
The slide nut does fit in the slot and is threaded. It will work fine. You can also put a regular nut into the slot on the side the rest goes on and screw your rest through it. Then put another nut on the back side to secure it. That's the way I mounted the NAP flipper II to mine.

mike