PDA

View Full Version : Pantera limb damage, safe to shoot?

Destroyer
05-10-2010, 05:00 AM
I managed to damage the upper limb on my 2007 Pantera. It's about 1 1/4 long, not very deep. Just wondering if it is still safe to use and could it be fixed. :confused:

bfisher
05-10-2010, 06:40 AM
Now that is a limb that I would probably go ahead and shoot. But you should take the bow to a dealer and let them assess the damage and maybe order you new limbs. Although the damage was nost likely your fault you might be surprised to find that it may be covered under the bow's warranty and Martin will replace it. You certainly have nothing to lose by trying.

Destroyer
05-11-2010, 03:57 AM
Thanks bfisher! :D

The closest dealer is at least 6+ hours away so it wont be happening anytime soon, a bit of a pain. Is it possible to order some new limbs directly from the US or will I have to mail order from the nearest dealer?

bfisher
05-11-2010, 04:56 PM
Thanks bfisher! :D

The closest dealer is at least 6+ hours away so it wont be happening anytime soon, a bit of a pain. Is it possible to order some new limbs directly from the US or will I have to mail order from the nearest dealer?

Sorry, I didn't take notice of your location. Guess you're not within driving distance of Walla Walla, LOL. I'm not up on this stuff that well. It's possible, if you have a decent relationship with a dealer you could fax him a picture of the limb damage and he might order new limbs for you, and then ship them to you when he gets them. This is just a thought. Make a phone call.

There some other guys on this forum from countries other then the US that may have more experience with this. Try a PM to Montalaar or maybe he'll chime in.

Destroyer
05-13-2010, 05:12 PM
Guess you're not within driving distance of Walla Walla

LOL! :D

Called one and only got quoted AUS$300 for a new set of limbs! :eek: Way too much $$$ for me.

Not looking good so far. Will contact another dealer and see what they can do.

Can I only buy replacement limbs from the local dealers?

***Update***
Second dealer contact & could do nothing for me. But limbs were about AUS$250.........getting better!

elkslayer4x5
05-14-2010, 08:30 AM
Might keep watching the ArcheryTalk classified for Martin/Pantera limbs in your deflection range. Way more affordable than some of those eye-poping prices downunder!

Destroyer
05-14-2010, 10:27 PM
Might keep watching the ArcheryTalk classified for Martin/Pantera limbs in your deflection range.

Will do. :D Deflection range? I've got 5H limbs which gives me 65#. What limbs would I need to get 70# or maybe even 75#? That M-Pro cam is very smooth, I could use some more fps.

Way more affordable than some of those eye-poping prices downunder!

They're good hey ;) That's why its good if I can buy from the US. The only downside is warranty.

elkslayer4x5
05-15-2010, 07:51 AM
You're getting 65 lbs with 5H limbs, you'll need 6H limbs to get to 70 lbs, each number is 5 lbs, so for 75 lbs you'll need 7H. If you find the limbs you want on AT's Classified, they won't have a warrenty. Good Luck! :D

Montalaar
05-15-2010, 10:55 AM
250$ for a set of limbs... That sounds okay to me. But on the other way round everything in central europe is pretty pricy and i pay 180 for a new set of limbs.

In my experience it is no problem to get a new set of limbs from the dealer you bought the bow at. Is your Pantera a used bow or not bought in Australia? If not i understand your problems... :)

(But hey, at least your of the same language as all those US-boys and girls. I always fear to affront someone with my english.)

gibson 787
05-15-2010, 05:41 PM
Sent you a PM re buying new limbs. i live in Melb Aust and recently bought new 13" 5H limbs for a Warthog from South Aust, cost $190 plus shipping.

bfisher
05-15-2010, 05:56 PM
Sent you a PM re buying new limbs. i live in Melb Aust and recently bought new 13" 5H limbs for a Warthog from South Aust, cost $190 plus shipping.

If that's in USD then the price isn't too bad. Retail is right at $200 USD.

Simon, how many times do I have to tell you---your English is just fine.

gibson 787
05-15-2010, 11:16 PM
Hi Bfisner, The $190 is actually Aust dollars, so it's even better. Think you might have me confused with someone else, my name is Dave and on AT I'm known as 'Kanga'

Thanks
Dave

Destroyer
05-16-2010, 12:05 AM
You're getting 65 lbs with 5H limbs, you'll need 6H limbs to get to 70 lbs, each number is 5 lbs, so for 75 lbs you'll need 7H. If you find the limbs you want on AT's Classified, they won't have a warranty. Good Luck! :D

Thanks for the great info. The 6H limbs @ 70lbs would be perfect.

I still might be able get the limbs here but I'll keep checking AT anyway. If they are cheap enough, the lack of a warranty won't bother me. It would be good to have spare set anyway.

Warranty's are a bit hit or miss here apparently. I was told by one such dealer, unless I purchased the bow from them, it would be too hard to do the claim.

Cheers!

Destroyer
05-16-2010, 12:29 AM
Is your Pantera a used bow or not bought in Australia? If not i understand your problems...

I hate to admit this, but the bow was purchased on EBAY from a US retail store (so I thought). On their 'my world' page they said "I am a Martin Authorized Pro-Shop. I sell a complete line of Martin bows from my walk-in store." Thought I was safe.

They said that the bow was new and had a warranty. They also said it was a 2008 model (wrong) had a 32.25" ATA (very wrong) and came with a manual (yep wrong again). After I paid for the bow, someone asked a question about another bow and they said "when I use to own a shop". Fantastic!

Yes I know, eBay was not the smartest choice. Good thing is I didn't pay much for the bow. But I'm still the first owner I think. The bow was new.

Btw Montalaar, your english is fine. :)

Montalaar
05-16-2010, 02:38 AM
Oh, what a mishap..
At least your bow is working! ;)

At least you can print out your own manual for the bow. You can find it on the website of Martin..

if you need 13" limbs (measure them! There are many different limb lengths in the last years) think about Daves deal. Sounds good to me

@Barry
Thank you. I will have to pass the TOEFL-Test in some months. Maybe i can enhance my english capabilities until then a bit. :)

Destroyer
05-17-2010, 09:45 PM
Oh, what a mishap..
At least your bow is working! ;)

Yes, and when I get my new limbs I'll be REALLY happy with it. :D

And downloaded the manual thanks. They actually sent a manual after complaining which is good. Pity it wasn't a 2007 manual (2004 or 2005 I think?) but at least I got A manual lol!

***UPDATE***

Ordered new limbs and should be here soon. BIG thanks to Dave! Ordered 5H, the same as I have now since they didn't have 6H in stock. Great price too!

Destroyer
05-19-2010, 10:44 PM
Limbs arrived today. Wish I could WOOHOO but instead I'm too <insert very bad word here> :mad:

What would my bow shoot like with 5L instead of 5H and round ends instead of square??? And in NextG camo too! Man, what a bow she would be!

Starting to think getting this bow was bit of a bad idea. Maybe I should have bought a Hoyt Gamemaster II. :(

Waiting for a call from the dealer tomorrow, SHEESH!!!

Spiker
05-20-2010, 07:09 AM
It should shoot just fine - a couple pounds less max DW.
It may look like a pieced together bow tho...:(

KStigall
05-20-2010, 08:42 AM
Limbs arrived today. Wish I could WOOHOO but instead I'm too <insert very bad word here> :mad:

What would my bow shoot like with 5L instead of 5H and round ends instead of square??? And in NextG camo too! Man, what a bow she would be!

Starting to think getting this bow was bit of a bad idea. Maybe I should have bought a Hoyt Gamemaster II. :(

Waiting for a call from the dealer tomorrow, SHEESH!!!

Are the limbs 13 or 14 inches in length?

Destroyer
05-20-2010, 04:03 PM
It may look like a pieced together bow tho...:(

APG riser & NextG1 limbs and a brand new Bohning qiver in Lost camo thats has arrived (ordered APG). "Pieced together" wouldn't be a strong enough description. I can think of a few nasty ones lol! ;)

Only drop a few pounds would be tolerable I guess.

Are the limbs 13 or 14 inches in length?

13 inches.

***UPDATE***

Sent limbs back. Just couldn't get past the different camo and the weight drop. Pity, AUS$150 for the limbs was a great deal.

Destroyer
05-24-2010, 06:37 AM
One last update then. According to the dealer, the only limbs I will be able to get will be the rounded limbs, even if they order ones from Martin. No square ended limbs to fit my square limb pockets. Bugger!

Looks like AT or eBay will be the only way to get the limbs. :(