PDA

View Full Version : Limb Problems Firecat 08

Louis Schutte
05-16-2010, 11:35 AM
Fellow Martin Archers

I own a Firecat 08 model and is shooting at 65lbs. My original limbs delaminated on the top limb last year November. On friday while shooting I noticed the same crack occuring on the top of the new limb (same as my previous limb). These limbs are only 6months old. Is this a common problem or is there any advise??? Hunting season has only started in South Africa and this is a consern.

Any help please?????

Louis (M4L)

alex
05-16-2010, 12:19 PM
Call your dealer, may be he can get you some of the new 2010 limbs ...and then Roto Cups, cams, axles, etc. :)

bfisher
05-16-2010, 06:33 PM
Alex is right. Martin may do that, but note that if you get 2010 limbs you need to change everything, as he mentioned. Your present cams will not work with 2010 limbs either. But you do need to work through a dealer.

I don't know this for a fact, but I think they had a limb problem last year. Those that have split or cracked limbs were mostly taken care of very well. In some cases they were given original equipment limbs. Some lasted and some didn't. Martin may offer new 5 layer limbs as they did me. I believe these may be Barnesdale limbs, but I opted for a complete 2010 conversion. So far so good, but I shoot light draw weights and short draw length.

I am not hearing about any problems with the 2010 limbs so that might be the best choice if you're given a choice.

Louis Schutte
05-18-2010, 06:06 AM
Thanks for the help guys...hopefully it holds out for a weekend trip for impala and wildebeest.:)