PDA

View Full Version : Bengal 09 broken module

soulfire
05-16-2010, 06:54 PM
Hello everybody!

I've just got back my Bengal from the dealer (broken limb) and it's shooting great!! (70# @ 30.5DL)

But i had a little problem with the module, the F-7 module literally explode when i was drawing the bow, the module break in three pieces, two remain in the cam and the last one had a little flight.

I put the F6 module and continue shooting but i am very concerned about this :S. Before the limb replacement, the bow was 65# it was supossed to have 70# but in my setup i never got that DW.

Maybe the DW increment cause the module to break... what do you think of it??

P.S. I'm ordering aluminium modules just in case.

Destroyer
05-17-2010, 10:17 PM
:eek:

Would hate to have this happen to me? Don't think that 5lbs would make that much difference. I'm new here but based on past experience I would say the module wasn't installed correctly maybe? Don't quote me on it though.

Anyone else heard of this?

bfisher
05-18-2010, 08:16 AM
This is a fairly rare ocurrence. Funny (not haha) how things like this happen. I mailed an f5 to a guy a couple months ago through the mail. It must have been the USPS sorting machine, but the module was broken when he recieved it. I've mailed several like this in the past with no issues.

By contrast I have a "student" that I gave a bow to
last fall, a 2003 Pearson Freedom. About 2 months ago he asked me where he could get anothe module as the one on the bow had broken. And this was an aluminum one. Go figure.

Destroyer
05-18-2010, 09:09 PM
And this was an aluminum one.

They break too? Bugger!

soulfire
05-18-2010, 09:21 PM
This doesn't loog good... Ordered and F-6 Aluminium Module hoping it will not break :(

I hope it's just bad luck and won't happen again and there isn't nothing wrong with my bow.

bfisher
05-19-2010, 06:33 PM
This doesn't loog good... Ordered and F-6 Aluminium Module hoping it will not break :(

I hope it's just bad luck and won't happen again and there isn't nothing wrong with my bow.

Listen, I wasn't trying to scare you. Just saying that stuff happens. I've been shooting bows with replaceable or rotating modules since 1989. The one on the Pearson is the only one I ever saw that broke. And I've owned and been around thousands of bows during these years. By contrast I've only ever known about three plastic ones to break. Fear not. Just shoot your bow and have fun.