PDA

View Full Version : Missing thread AGAIN!

marco
05-17-2010, 09:12 AM
Don't understand why my thread about my loud Bengal keeps getting removed from this forum.

Whats the deal???

alex
05-17-2010, 01:27 PM
The admin was a little too willingfull to delete posts today [i guess it's my fault because i've posted an angry thread about the spam in the forum ;) ]. I've started the day with 555 posts in the forum and end it with 547 :D

Sagittarius
05-17-2010, 01:29 PM
Hey marco did you get a chance to go over any of the things I posted before they deleted it ?????

Montalaar
05-17-2010, 01:35 PM
That is just a shame. I saved the thread to my bookmarks for future references..

Maybe Joel will have a look at the forum and restore the thread as it is not permantly lost.

marco
05-17-2010, 03:00 PM
Hey marco did you get a chance to go over any of the things I posted before they deleted it ?????

Yes. It appears to be about 1/2" between string and cam groove. I hope to get to the archery shop Sat morning and have them take a look at it. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for all the help.

Sagittarius
05-17-2010, 05:38 PM
Has it helped quiet the bow down any ???? If so what helped the most ???

marco
05-17-2010, 06:20 PM
Has it helped quiet the bow down any ???? If so what helped the most ???

I haven't done anything to it yet. Want to get the cam situation straightened out first then shoot. I'll take it from there to see what I need to do.

Destroyer
05-17-2010, 09:18 PM
about 1/2" between string and cam groove.

Is there any diagrams that show how to properly measure this? I'm a bit confused about this. Is the measurement from the string to the end of the groove on the cam or is it how much of the groove is showing on the cam?

Should have saved the page me thinks, DOH! ;)

marco
05-18-2010, 03:56 AM
Is there any diagrams that show how to properly measure this? I'm a bit confused about this. Is the measurement from the string to the end of the groove on the cam or is it how much of the groove is showing on the cam?

Should have saved the page me thinks, DOH! ;)

I have read both ways are the right way to do it. There was some talk on Archery Talk saying to measure the groove. I'll let the pro shop figure it out.

Spiker
05-18-2010, 07:13 AM
Here is a couple links to threads that may help you out:
http://www.martinarchery.com/mtechforum/showthread.php?t=6514
http://www.martinarchery.com/mtechforum/showthread.php?t=6232

Destroyer
05-18-2010, 09:28 PM
Actually one of the threads helped a bit. My M-pro measures 9/32" from the inside of the string to the end of the cam groove. Or about 1/2" measuring the groove itself. Would be good if there was some official instructions though.

Don't overthink things. Save the brain power for concentrating on shooting form and shot execution.

This was the bit that helped. :D

Sagittarius
05-19-2010, 01:48 PM
My 09 Bengal is 3/8 from inside of string @90deg to top of the cam groove- 5/8 along cam groove, BH 6 15/16 and A2A 32 3/8 C2C If I do anything to get it to 1/2 along the cam groove won't it screw up the other specs??? It shoots well and is quiet.... (although I am a partially deaf old fart!!!) I think I just answered my own question????

bfisher
05-19-2010, 05:30 PM
Guys, you're over thinking again. Specs are just close approximations of what the company has found to work the best. Close is close in most cases. A2A can vary 1/8" as can brace height. Cam orientation is another matter. If the cam is over rotated on many bows it causes excess vibration and it's resultant noise.

Get the specs close then make sure the cam orientation is close. If you have 1/2" of cam groove showing that's fine. If you need a little more then twist the string some. 9/16" isn't going to hurt. Let the other specs fall where they may.

Tune the bow and enjoy shooting it. In time the strings are going to creep a bit and it'll change the specs anyway. Just relax and try to have some fun.

Barry

Destroyer
05-19-2010, 10:31 PM
Guys, you're over thinking again.

Only know one way too fix that. Now where is that bottle of Bourbon.............

Sagittarius
05-20-2010, 06:58 AM
WOW ! Thats the first time i've been accused of that ??? I don't think i've got the mental capacity to over think... LOL:D