PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Firecat

jcason
05-17-2010, 12:47 PM
I noticed on my new 2010 Firecat there is a crack in the camo finish on the upper riser where it makes the sharp angle forward. The crack is vertical and goes completely around the riser. Is the riser two piece and bolted together here? If not should I be concerned that its about to break?:eek:

alex
05-17-2010, 01:16 PM
May be it's only in the camo, but you should show it to your dealer and you both will decide what to do.

gibson 787
05-17-2010, 02:30 PM
Martin risers are made from 3 pieces of aluminium and are joined in two places. I believe the joins are actually stronger than if the riser had been made from one piece of aluminum. I think this is what you are seeing. I have a Moab where the top join is visible. Unless the gap is excessive and there is movement, I wouldn't be concerned about it.

Hope this helps.

bfisher
05-17-2010, 05:43 PM
OK, you're talking about right at the top of the sight window. This is indeed the joint where two pieces join, as Gibson explained. Not much for me to add except that it's nothing to worry about. All the Martin parallel limbed bows are built this way. They've been doing this for about 3 years and to date I've heard of only one bow with a problem. Not bad considering the maybe, tens of thousands that have been produced.

Destroyer
05-17-2010, 09:07 PM
My 2007 Pantera is the same I think. Just the join, nothing to worry about. Can you post a image of it maybe?

jcason
05-18-2010, 04:50 AM
OK, thanks. I still haven't resolved the noise issue. I checked the e clips like you said and I can rotate them with my fingernail but they are not real loose. What else should I check?

Thx.

alex
05-18-2010, 07:07 AM
You have a crack and strange noise, i still say: go to your dealer :)