PDA

View Full Version : It Has Finally Arrived

bfisher
05-18-2010, 03:38 PM
My new "Z" came today. Unboxed it about 1 1/2 hours ago. Unfortunately there won't be any pictures for a while---NO my camera isn't broke. The bow isn't as ordered.

I ordered an Alien Z with Hybrix 1.5 cams for my 26.5" draw length. Bow was set for 29" draw. 50# peak weight. Black riser and camo limbs. 3 weeks ago I had dawn change it to black (carbon fiber) limbs.

I opened the bow a while ago and am looking at an Alien Z with black riser, which is actually a carbon fiber finish just like the their limbs. This bow has camo limbs which I could live with if need be. However, it has Hybrix 2.0 limbs which means I would have to shoot it at the lowest draw length setting to fit me and shorten a hair more with the draw stop.

A quick call to Carley at Rytera and she switched me over to Joel at Tech Support. Explained things to him and he says parts will be shipped as soon as they are available. Kudos to him. Shame on the person who built the bow. It's not that hard to read an order form and use the appropriate parts.
We're talking cams, limbs, and string/cables.

As soon as things get here I'll git-r-done and post pics. For what it's worth this is one really nice looking riser. I did take notice that limb deflection is a 3 digit code so I assume these are Barnedale limbs. Cam is different from my "Cats", but the module is the same.

So it looks like it'll be at least another week. In the interim I just might set this thing up and shoot it.

bigbob
05-18-2010, 03:49 PM
your luck sounds a bit like me . If you didnt have bad luck you wouldnt have any luck at all! After the wait you've had, hope you get what you ordered soon.

Destroyer
05-18-2010, 08:50 PM
Shame on the person who built the bow. It's not that hard to read an order form and use the appropriate parts.

:eek: I'd say your taking this better than I would. You would think there would be someone else who would make a final inspection before a bow is sent out.

Montalaar
05-18-2010, 09:52 PM
:eek: I'd say your taking this better than I would. You would think there would be someone else who would make a final inspection before a bow is sent out.

.... Naaaaah ....

Great your bow arrived, Barry! Now we are both waiting for new limbs, so welcome in my limb-waiting-club. I hope that you will receive your new limbs and cams soon so that we will get some photos. :)

Spiker
05-19-2010, 04:47 AM
I would say Congratulations but since it's only half there . . . :rolleyes:
Would you post what the limb #'s are and what it max's out at as is?
I am thinking about ordering one (a Z) at 50# or getting a set of Barnsdales for my Firecat.
Really would like to see the CB riser too.

Pic
05-19-2010, 06:20 AM
My new "Z" came today. Unboxed it about 1 1/2 hours ago. Unfortunately there won't be any pictures for a while---NO my camera isn't broke. The bow isn't as ordered.

I ordered an Alien Z with Hybrix 1.5 cams for my 26.5" draw length. Bow was set for 29" draw. 50# peak weight. Black riser and camo limbs. 3 weeks ago I had dawn change it to black (carbon fiber) limbs.

I opened the bow a while ago and am looking at an Alien Z with black riser, which is actually a carbon fiber finish just like the their limbs. This bow has camo limbs which I could live with if need be. However, it has Hybrix 2.0 limbs which means I would have to shoot it at the lowest draw length setting to fit me and shorten a hair more with the draw stop.

A quick call to Carley at Rytera and she switched me over to Joel at Tech Support. Explained things to him and he says parts will be shipped as soon as they are available. Kudos to him. Shame on the person who built the bow. It's not that hard to read an order form and use the appropriate parts.

As soon as things get here I'll git-r-done and post pics. For what it's worth this is one really nice looking riser. I did take notice that limb deflection is a 3 digit code so I assume these are Barnedale limbs. Cam is different from my "Cats", but the module is the same.

So it looks like it'll be at least another week. In the interim I just might set this thing up and shoot it.

Barry. mine arrives today at my US address..the one you got is exactly what I ordered, except mine is suppose to max out at 65Lbs....hope you don't have mine by accident...LOL
:D;)

alex
05-19-2010, 09:52 AM
Sorry to hear this, but....Well, Barry, tell you the truth i'm not surprised. The moment i've read your previous post about changing your order, i was sure something would be messed. :(

scepterman30x
05-19-2010, 10:45 AM
Sorry to hear this, but....Well, Barry, tell you the truth i'm not surprised. The moment i've read your previous post about changing your order, i was sure something would be messed. :(

First let me say that I probably love Martins as much or more than anyone here. However I think I have told Barry one time or it may have been someone else that my only and I mean my only pet peeve at Martin is their inability to send you exactly what you have as far as an order. Barry and I shoot for them so what we mean is we actually send in an order form with instructions as to what we want ie. decals, no decals, black limbs, camo limbs, poundage, cams etc. you get the picture. I have yet to get a bow that was to my specs. But hey there is nothing they won't do to make it right.

alex
05-19-2010, 11:05 AM
First let me say that I probably love Martins as much or more than anyone here. However I think I have told Barry one time or it may have been someone else that my only and I mean my only pet peeve at Martin is their inability to send you exactly what you have as far as an order. Barry and I shoot for them so what we mean is we actually send in an order form with instructions as to what we want ie. decals, no decals, black limbs, camo limbs, poundage, cams etc. you get the picture. I have yet to get a bow that was to my specs. But hey there is nothing they won't do to make it right.

I didn't mean that Martin is a bad company which you can't trust, i just meant that i was sure something would go wrong, because when people (or companies) are under pressure they ALWAYS make mistakes.Call me a pessimist if you like ;)

Montalaar
05-19-2010, 11:23 AM
If you are a pessimist it cannot get worse if something happens...

scepterman30x
05-19-2010, 11:53 AM
I didn't mean that Martin is a bad company which you can't trust, i just meant that i was sure something would go wrong, because when people (or companies) are under pressure they ALWAYS make mistakes.Call me a pessimist if you like ;)

I was by no means pointing fingers...I was basicly giving Barry a "ditto".

KStigall
05-19-2010, 12:09 PM

:eek:

Dawn sent me an e-mail yesterday evening saying my Alien Z was on it's way...... I hope it's as I ordered and not just an "alien"!!! I have to have the 1.5's as well to get to my 26 inch draw. ;) but happen to have set of 1.5's in the drawer. I'm thinking I should get the string/cable specs for a Z with 1.5's and start making them. All I need is the riser and the correct limbs..........

Montalaar
05-19-2010, 12:13 PM
Wow. never expected you to post here. Seldom seen KStigall. :D

KStigall
05-19-2010, 12:17 PM
Wow. never expected you to post here. Seldom seen KStigall. :D

I've been around for a while...... most recently in stealth mode.

alex
05-19-2010, 12:25 PM
If you are a pessimist it cannot get worse if something happens...

Oh, it CAN get worse :D

alex
05-19-2010, 12:29 PM
I was by no means pointing fingers...I was basicly giving Barry a "ditto".

I know, it's ok. I wanted there to be no misunderstanding about my post.

Montalaar
05-19-2010, 12:32 PM

Nice to see you here. ;)

scepterman30x
05-19-2010, 01:05 PM

That my MO until I'm "summond:D"...I think thats how you spell it?

bfisher
05-19-2010, 05:48 PM

I can see I'm going to be busy here tonight. Multiple posts. I'm glad to see so many of my firends are interested in this plight.

Scepterman30 (Scott) brought up a good subject. Somehow, some way, our bows never come to us as we requested. As staff shooters you'd think they'd make a concerted effort to get them pretty much right on the money. You'd also think that, for advertisement purposes they'd get them built a little quicker and get them out to us so other shooters would have a chance to see them. Afterall, we are basically just walking, shooting, billboards.

Most times it's just little things such as the wrong grip or something simple. A phone call gets fairly quick results and I personally can do about everything but machine a riser and make limbs. Bows are just simple machines. Still, it gets irritating to wait 6 1/2 months for this bow and it's not even close.

That's where your suggestion could be real handy. One or two final inspectors to check out the bow against the paperwork. Maybe we should all email Martin with this suggestion. I know they don't check emails very often, but an onslaught about this might hit home with them. Very good idea, I have to admit.

bfisher
05-19-2010, 06:01 PM
I would say Congratulations but since it's only half there . . . :rolleyes:
Would you post what the limb #'s are and what it max's out at as is?
I am thinking about ordering one (a Z) at 50# or getting a set of Barnsdales for my Firecat.
Really would like to see the CB riser too.

Ask and ye recieve. Thelimbs on this bow are marked 175 and the bow peaks at 54# as it sits. I haven't tweaked it for specs. It was pretty close though when I measured it.

I took it to my archery club today for some test firing. First thing I had to do was add 15 twists to the string to get it short enough that I could draw it. I had tried setting the draw stop short but that was too rough on the shoulder. Even with the added twists it was too long, but I could handle it.
I also had the draw weight a bit higher than I normally shoot, so that didn't help.

Anyway, I can say that this thing is deadly quiet and shock free. Hnad shock has never been an issue for me. I think people make too big a deal out of it. The only thing on the string was one brass nockset. I only shot about 20 arrows of differing sizes. One thing I found out is that the bow balances a bit better than some of my short ones. Another thing is that I could not get a bare shaft to tune anywhere close---just like my FireCat. 600 spine, 500, 400, 300; it didn't matter. They all did the same thing, planing hard right no matter what the poundage or rest position. Wierd!!!!!!!!

I do have to admit that I was shooting pretty good for me. With a bow that sisn't fit, no peep or kisser, I was shooting consistent 1 1/2" groups at 20 yards. All this proves is what some of us already know. The bow will repeat itself, shot after shot if the archer does his part. Wonder what will happen when I get it set up an inch shorter for draw length.

bfisher
05-19-2010, 06:06 PM

Alex,

The only change I requested was to change from camo limbs to the black carbon fiber ones. And that was done on computer. Still, I get your point. My guess is the bow that they sent to Augusta, Georgia last month was probably built right for me. Makes me wonder if the guy that got that bow needed Hybrix 2.0 cams and got a bow with Hybrix 1.5 instead. Wouldn't surprise me.

bfisher
05-19-2010, 06:09 PM
:eek:

Dawn sent me an e-mail yesterday evening saying my Alien Z was on it's way...... I hope it's as I ordered and not just an "alien"!!! I have to have the 1.5's as well to get to my 26 inch draw. ;) but happen to have set of 1.5's in the drawer. I'm thinking I should get the string/cable specs for a Z with 1.5's and start making them. All I need is the riser and the correct limbs..........

Hope all goes well for you Kent. Nice to see you here.

bfisher
05-19-2010, 06:12 PM
That my MO until I'm "summond:D"...I think thats how you spell it?

Close. It's summoned. Misspelling I can tolerate.

bb11
05-19-2010, 06:40 PM
Sorry to hear that Barry! you are taking it well. My concern is that Martin seems to be so consistently sloppy that I have to think it is imbued throughout their corporate culture.... bad sign. I am not an engineer and really dont want to flame Martin, but it is at least a good possiblity that sloppy engineering is what lead to all of the limb problems with many of the bows as identifed in varius posts here. I could be wrong, but my $.02

Montalaar
05-19-2010, 09:53 PM
That's where your suggestion could be real handy. One or two final inspectors to check out the bow against the paperwork. Maybe we should all email Martin with this suggestion. I know they don't check emails very often, but an onslaught about this might hit home with them. Very good idea, I have to admit.

That is what is was hoping for when i started the "quality control" thread some weeks or even months ago. :)

Dave308
05-19-2010, 10:29 PM
This shows that staff shooter are no better then the rest of us

Destroyer
05-19-2010, 11:39 PM
Oh, it CAN get worse :D

Agree :D

As staff shooters you'd think they'd make a concerted effort to get them pretty much right on the money. You'd also think that, for advertisement purposes they'd get them built a little quicker and get them out to us so other shooters would have a chance to see them.

Thought you would get the BEST of treatment. What hope do the rest of us have?

I Don't think any number of emails will do it though. If we keep buying the bows there is nothing to motivate them to fix their system.

scepterman30x
05-20-2010, 05:21 AM
This shows that staff shooter are no better then the rest of us

True...and I know I can speak for Barry and myself in saying we would never consider ourselves "better" than the rest of you...and Dave before you think you have to appologize for your Quote. I know the way you ment it and the way I mean it have two separate meanings. So to reply to your quotes meaning..."you would think so".

Spiker
05-20-2010, 07:05 AM
The limbs on this bow are marked 175 and the bow peaks at 54# as it sits.

Thanks Barry!

Another thing is that I could not get a bare shaft to tune anywhere close---just like my FireCat. 600 spine, 500, 400, 300; it didn't matter. They all did the same thing, planing hard right no matter what the poundage or rest position. Wierd!!!!!!!!

That is what I experienced with my Firecat also. It shoots FP and BH exactly the same, at least to 60-65yds but just wont launch a bareshaft straight.
It is my hunting bow so I just gave up on the bareshaft tuning with it.

I am going to put the Barnsdale limbs on it and drop it down to about 45-47#'s with Rytera Hybrix mod's for my wife to shoot at deer this fall.

alex
05-20-2010, 09:50 AM
Alex,

The only change I requested was to change from camo limbs to the black carbon fiber ones. And that was done on computer. Still, I get your point. My guess is the bow that they sent to Augusta, Georgia last month was probably built right for me. Makes me wonder if the guy that got that bow needed Hybrix 2.0 cams and got a bow with Hybrix 1.5 instead. Wouldn't surprise me.

Barry, by no means i accuse you - it's more like that your phone call had the butterfly effect :) May be you can find the guy in Georgia and you both resolve the problem ;) Hope everything will be ok SOON! I can't believe you've waited almost 7 months for a bow :confused: I guess that if you have ordered a Ferrari, it would has come faster.

Dave308
05-20-2010, 10:14 AM
True...and I know I can speak for Barry and myself in saying we would never consider ourselves "better" than the rest of you...and Dave before you think you have to appologize for your Quote. I know the way you ment it and the way I mean it have two separate meanings. So to reply to your quotes meaning..."you would think so".

Like Barry said, you guys should have it way before everyone else. Not only as advertisement but also as a test run. If they used you to their full advantage they could solve may problems before mass producing a poorly designed product.

bfisher
05-20-2010, 01:44 PM
Like Barry said, you guys should have it way before everyone else. Not only as advertisement but also as a test run. If they used you to their full advantage they could solve may problems before mass producing a poorly designed product.

Good point, but one that probably would fall on deaf ears. Field testing would most likely show a lot of little things that need to be addressed. Then maybe those poor people at customer service wouldn't be so busy. Get those shooter bows out 3 or 4 months before production starts. Get feedback from their shooters as to where improvements can be made. Makes good business sense to me, but I'm not the honcho.

Destroyer
05-20-2010, 03:46 PM
could not get a bare shaft to tune anywhere close---just like my FireCat. 600 spine, 500, 400, 300; it didn't matter. They all did the same thing, planing hard right no matter what the poundage or rest position. Wierd!!!!!!!!

Nock fit on string too tight maybe? Read that somewhere.....

I gave up bare shafting my Pantera. Easton 300's were showing underspine & 340's are showing overspine!!!

bfisher
05-20-2010, 04:10 PM
Nock fit on string too tight maybe? Read that somewhere.....

I gave up bare shafting my Pantera. Easton 300's were showing underspine & 340's are showing overspine!!!

I could only wish it was nock fit. I'm really picky about that. All my arrows are using bushings and Easton G-nocks. Large slot. Hold the bow horizontal, tap the string, and they fall off just like they're supposed to.

But for your situation, read the next to last paragraphat the bottom of page 7 in Easton's Tuning Guide.

Destroyer
05-20-2010, 04:20 PM
For archers using release aids, it may, in some cases, be
necessary to apply adjustments opposite from those
described. The type of arrow rest and release aid
combination used can alter the dynamic flex of the arrow
to produce tear patterns contrary to those indicated
(although it is uncommon).

Cheers Barry! Good to know I'm not going loopy :D

bfisher
05-20-2010, 04:45 PM
Cheers Barry! Good to know I'm not going loopy :D