PDA

View Full Version : Ccs

raddleman11
05-23-2010, 05:49 AM
Hey everyone.

Do any of you have the CCS on your bows? I just bought a cheetah and was thinking about putting the system on and was wondering what the opinions are?

Thanks in advance,

Ryan

Sagittarius
05-23-2010, 10:44 AM
I've got it on my 09 Bengal it adds about 5lbs pull weight. I think it silences the bow a bit and cuts down on vibrations?? Some claim it puts to much stress on the limbs and should be used with a 1/2 longer cable?? I didn't put the longer cable on and have had no additional problems.

bfisher
05-23-2010, 01:53 PM
For me the jusry is still out. I've got a 2008 FireCat with updated limbs and such for make it a 2010 version. This still has the conventional cable rod/slide. I had a Moab last year with the CCS. Between the two bows I still prefer the cable guard rod/ slide.

I just got a new Alien Z with the CCS. It came through with the wrong cams so the draw length is a little long, but I've shot it a few times and find that this bow is very very quiet. Just like the Moab it has a different sound to it, kind of a metalic sound, but very subtle. I can actually tell that there is a little less vibration because the cables aren't traveling forward, but I don't believe the difference is worth converting a bow that has a conventional rod/slide.

I do know that the CCS keeps the cables from traveling to the rear as the bow is drawn. For this reason it does add about 1/2? draw to the bow and increases stress on the limbs so draw weight goes up about 5#. To counter this Martin increased the length of the cable(s) by 1/2" on bows with the CCS.

I've got my own personal feeling that on a hunting bow I'd rather have a slide/rod combination simply because it's simpler. If a slide wears out or breaks it's easy to buy one anywhere and just slip it on and you're back in business. If the rollers on a CCS wear out then you have to get the parts from Martin. I don't know of any dealers that stock these parts so who knows how long you'd wait. Just some food for thought.

Destroyer
05-23-2010, 08:43 PM
on a hunting bow I'd rather have a slide/rod combination simply because it's simpler. If a slide wears out or breaks it's easy to buy one anywhere and just slip it on and you're back in business.

Agree 100%

If the rollers on a CCS wear out then you have to get the parts from Martin. I don't know of any dealers that stock these parts so who knows how long you'd wait.

Gives me the heebie-geebies just thinking of trying to get these parts in Australia. :eek:

tommyhydro
05-28-2010, 06:30 PM
i shoot an '09 cheetah and with the cable rod and an alpine mach 5 slide im more than happy....but then again i think that i may have every dang add-on that simms offers. if i were you i would rock it w/o the ccs. but then again thats just me:D