PDA

View Full Version : Dry Fire of Firecat pro-x

duffy
05-28-2010, 08:56 AM
i let a friend of a friend pull my compound back, before he touched it i told him to hold the string tight and DO NOT LET GO OF THE STRING. he pulled it back ok but when it went into the valley where it eases off, he wasnt ready for it and it slipped out of his hand, so it has dry fired the bow and the string has come off.

will this have caused damage to the bow/limbs etc?
should i let a member of the club i belong to put the string back on (its the string on the outside that the arrow sits on, it has come off the cam and one of the loops is hanging down) or do i send it to the shop i purchased it from?

tood s
05-28-2010, 10:34 AM
do not and i repeat do not put the string back on... take it ASAP to the archery shop and have it lookes over. more than likely it will have bent axles, possibly caracked limbs . Martin CS will more than likely fix you up with all u need to have it repaired .

duffy
05-28-2010, 11:36 AM
do not and i repeat do not put the string back on... take it ASAP to the archery shop and have it lookes over. more than likely it will have bent axles, possibly caracked limbs . Martin CS will more than likely fix you up with all u need to have it repaired .

so i send it back to the shop i bought it from (i would have to post it) or take it to another archery shop where i can travel to)?

would the shop send it to martin or does the shop fix any problems? how does the shop check for cracked limbs do they test it somehow?

thanks

Dave308
05-28-2010, 12:50 PM
Yeah just take it to you local shop, they don't have to be a Martin dealer. Martin should send them the parts to fix it.