PDA

View Full Version : a general comment

polaris754
06-02-2010, 06:24 PM
hey guys its me , well here goes , i read so much about problems with getting the max speed ,and what it takes is a rocket scientist to get it done ,this is my first martin bow and i am very pleased with it , and its only a saber ,i just cant see twisting this turning that just to be better with the other guy or who ever , i know one thing when i can pull this bow out of the case and hit the 10 ring with one shot thats good enough for me , because of our society that requiers us to be capitalist , i think most of cause are own problems i believe a bow is a bow and a arrow is a arrow , just my opinion :D

copterdoc
06-02-2010, 06:31 PM
I think you have it right.

It is human nature to tweak as much performance as possible, out of the toys we love to play with. Unfortunately, it is also human nature to become obsessed to the point of unbalance, and speed becomes a higher priority than reliability.

It's a Yin Yang thing. You must strike a balance.

gibson 787
06-02-2010, 07:17 PM
A refreshing comment my friend. As much as a lot of people try and bend us into a shape that suits them, at the end of the day we are all individuals with our own needs and wants.

It is good however that forums like this do exist, so that individuals can listen to what others can offer through their experience and wisdom, as well as being able to ask the occasional question now and then. I guess it's then up to each individual to exercise his/her wisdom in assessing what's good for them.

Ah how lucky we are to be born in countries that are still to a large extent...free.

Destroyer
06-02-2010, 09:53 PM
i just cant see twisting this turning that just to be better with the other guy or who ever

I don't thinks its just that. One of the problems is that manufacturers keep advertising IBO speed and some ppl (myself included) think their bow should be able to reach that speed, or at least get close to the quoted speed. When it doesn't, its tuning time! This is just hoping to get what you have paid for.

Sometimes it might seem like its a speed competition or trying to better than others but its not. Plus some of us like spending hours tweaking. Its a problem I know ;)

and its only a saber

I get you here. Some think you have to have the latest and greatest but you don't. I'm quite happy with my old 2007 bow. But I don't knock anyone with the latest gear, would like some myself! :D

bfisher
06-03-2010, 02:04 PM
Although I agree with you to a point please consider this. If some of us didn't "twist this" and "turn that" then nobody would have any idea of how to adjust anything or learn anything about bows. If such were the case then you would not be able to get on these forums and ask questions because nobody would know what the answers are.

So what it boils down to is that by twisting and turning and playing and tinkering we learn just how these contraptions work and how to not only get the best performance out of them, but how to keep them performing well when things get out of tune.

It's not just about getting the most speed. It's about learning how bows work so you can do things yourself. The alternative is always paying somebody else to do something simple, hoping and trusting that they know what they are doing, which as we know, is not always the case. And frankly, I could never see any sense in paying somebody to do something I could try to do myself.

polaris754
06-04-2010, 02:30 PM
hey guys thanks for the reports , i agree with u all on all your comments , but sometimes a apple is just a apple ,to break the land speed record there were sacrifices , to climb the highest mountain there were sacrifices i just cant see taking a great piece of equipment { or tool } to its max , because as u all know ,if u abuse it u will lose it , and beyond the infraction of a defective bow, or who ever put it together and didnt ship it right , i cant be more pleased with the bow i have as it is , iam and will always be a martin bow user :) ps did u ever buy a product that said this and gave that , well i will have to open a new book on that lol

polaris754
06-04-2010, 02:38 PM
hey just fer grins i wish i had a ben:Dgal

SonnyThomas
06-06-2010, 08:32 PM
Although I agree with you to a point please consider this. If some of us didn't "twist this" and "turn that" then nobody would have any idea of how to adjust anything or learn anything about bows. If such were the case then you would not be able to get on these forums and ask questions because nobody would know what the answers are.

So what it boils down to is that by twisting and turning and playing and tinkering we learn just how these contraptions work and how to not only get the best performance out of them, but how to keep them performing well when things get out of tune.

It's not just about getting the most speed. It's about learning how bows work so you can do things yourself. The alternative is always paying somebody else to do something simple, hoping and trusting that they know what they are doing, which as we know, is not always the case. And frankly, I could never see any sense in paying somebody to do something I could try to do myself.

Times 2. Would you rather pay someone $5.00 for 12" of string and 5 minutes to tie in a peep or learn to do it yourself in the same amount of time? Then again, that's my price. Other stores may charge more. I don't mind showing people how to do things. Just gives me more time to practice or test archery items (don't tell my Boss).

06-07-2010, 07:05 AM
Not sure how you can say all this! I don't find it to be general one :(

elkslayer4x5
06-08-2010, 05:49 AM
Not sure how you can say all this! I don't find it to be general one :(

I'll bite. Huh?

Destroyer
06-08-2010, 07:41 PM
I'll bite. Huh?

Brave you are ;)

elkslayer4x5
06-09-2010, 07:01 AM
I've been brave and other times I've been foolish but this time I was just curious:D