PDA

View Full Version : Help Tuning Scepter with Furious X

dparadowski
06-03-2010, 07:29 PM
Can somebody help me figure this out. I have a scepter with the small base cams and my ATA is 43 3/8 an BH is 8 1/8. They should be 43 1/4 and 8. Should I twist up the cables, string or combination of the 2. It seems to me that if I twist the cables my BH will get more out of spec. If I twist the string that mill make the BH go out even more as well. I am just picturing this wrong in my head or what?

Destroyer
06-03-2010, 10:37 PM
Twist up the cable and it lowers your ATA. This will also make your draw length longer which in turn should drop the brace height.

I'd be more concerned with draw length & draw weight than being out a bit on ATA & brace height though.

Now, did I get that right? :confused:

dparadowski
06-04-2010, 08:36 AM
If I twist my cables to shoter my ATA won't that also Raise my BH? I need to shorten both my ATA and BH by 1/8". The reason I am doing this is that I just put the smaller Furious cam, it had the larger Furious XL on it, and a new string. The cables are the same as per spec. Twisted string to 56.5" (spec: string 56.5" cables 45") and both BH and ATA are off by 1/8".

scepterman30x
06-04-2010, 11:26 AM
Everyone to their own but thats only 1/16" per limb. I believe you are splitting hairs with only 1/8". I wouldn't worry about it...but if you are going to worry about it, if you decrease the A/A by 1/8" you will increase the BH also.

Destroyer
06-04-2010, 08:08 PM
If I twist my cables to shoter my ATA won't that also Raise my BH?.

It could but by how much? Probably less than the amount you are shortening the ATA by, maybe. Shortening the cable will effectively lengthen the string, allowing the wheels to rotate more which relaxes the limbs more and can drop the brace height some. Remember it is a combination of the cable and the string.

What would happen if you put more twists into the string? It would drop your ATA too and increase the brace height. Why? Because you are reducing the rotation of the wheels, pulling the limbs down more and loosing draw length.

Usually bows that have too long ATA will have LOWER brace height. Your bow seems to be the opposite. Just try putting more twists into the cable and just see what happens.

You might be able to only get one or the other to exact spec. Like I said before, its more important to get your draw length & draw weight right.

I believe you are splitting hairs with only 1/8". I wouldn't worry about it...

Agree.

scepterman30x
06-05-2010, 02:03 PM
Also remeber...lets ay you set everything to specs with the limbs bottomed out. If you take turns out of the limb bolts to effectively lower the poundage you will also increase the B/H and increase your DL some. It litteraly is a give and take.

Destroyer
06-05-2010, 09:11 PM
Forgot to add, if your brace height goes up a little (but ATA is better) then take some turns out of your string. Yes your ATA might go up a little but you can keep this up (twist up cable, untwist string) until you get the right specs.

Btw, it can be really frustrating to figure this out, but its even harder to explain to someone. ;)