PDA

View Full Version : Got my Alien-Z on May 26 and

KStigall
06-08-2010, 01:49 PM
took 7th in hunter in the ASA shoot this past weekend in London, KY. Though I only had 6 days to get it set I knew almost right away I was taking it to Kentucky. I didn't have it settled in on Saturday and went 11 down. If I had had the sights set correctly Saturday I know I would have been pushing for a top 3 finish. My -Z is sporting the Kitty (1.5) C.A.T. cam. I'm really looking forward to getting it tuned as I know it's not exactly right as it sits. The bow gets a gigantic thumbs up from Virginia!!!!!!!!!!!!

The bow is a stone cold shooter. I have to congratulate the folks at Rytera. It was set up very well straight out of the box. The fit and finish of the bow is VERY nice and very slick looking. It garnered quite a few compliments in Kentucky.

I'm now going to order a Nemesis and I'm thinking about another Alien-z.........

Spiker
06-08-2010, 02:16 PM
Congrats!!
What is the string lengths on it?
I know there are a few folks here interested in all the specs.

KStigall
06-10-2010, 10:48 AM
Congrats!!
What is the string lengths on it?
I know there are a few folks here interested in all the specs.

I'll have to measure them and get back to you.

The ASA shoot was the first 3D round for this bow. I think came out of the gate pretty well......

KStigall
06-10-2010, 10:50 AM
It looks better in person. It received a lot of compliments in London.

bfisher
06-10-2010, 05:30 PM
Hey, that looks like mine except for the accessories. Just got mine on the 22nd of May. Then had to get new limbs, cams and strings as it had 2.0 cams and I needed 1.5 cams. Then I ended up with a string set for a Nemisis so had to wait another 10 days for the right strings to arrive.

I'm now shooting it and getting a feel, tweaking the draw length and such. I do have to say this is the first bow I've been able to draw and handle at 50# for three years now. Extreme muscle loss in the shoulders and back.

Hey Kent, how are you tuning this thing. I'm trying to bare shaft it and having no luck at all---same as my FireCat. No matter where I move the rest with three different spined shafts I'm getting a horrible plane to the right. 6" at 15 yards and the arrow enters at about a 35 degree angle to the right with the nock to the left. I used a 600, 500, 560, and 300 spine with identical results no matter what I do. It's not hand torque as I shoot a very relaxed grip. Do ya think a little pressure with the fingers on the front of the grip might help?

I gotta say the bow groups and of the arrows really well, with the GT 22 Pros and UL 600's equally the best. I've never had two finicky bows like this that wouldn't tune with a bare shaft. I'm ready to try something else. And suggestions?

Pic
06-11-2010, 05:57 AM
KS, nice bow...I love the carbon fiber look....I love mine with my camo limbs.

Barry, I took my rest right off my Warthog and put it on my Alien Z and I never had to touch it. My grouping from 20 yards out to 50 yards was great. Arrow flight was perfect.

The centre shot on the Alien Z is like that of the Firecat and Warthog, it's on the outside of the grip.

I will try to get a picture to show you.

Serge

KStigall
06-11-2010, 07:20 AM
Hey, that looks like mine except for the accessories. Just got mine on the 22nd of May. Then had to get new limbs, cams and strings as it had 2.0 cams and I needed 1.5 cams. Then I ended up with a string set for a Nemisis so had to wait another 10 days for the right strings to arrive.

I'm now shooting it and getting a feel, tweaking the draw length and such. I do have to say this is the first bow I've been able to draw and handle at 50# for three years now. Extreme muscle loss in the shoulders and back.

Hey Kent, how are you tuning this thing. I'm trying to bare shaft it and having no luck at all---same as my FireCat. No matter where I move the rest with three different spined shafts I'm getting a horrible plane to the right. 6" at 15 yards and the arrow enters at about a 35 degree angle to the right with the nock to the left. I used a 600, 500, 560, and 300 spine with identical results no matter what I do. It's not hand torque as I shoot a very relaxed grip. Do ya think a little pressure with the fingers on the front of the grip might help?

I gotta say the bow groups and of the arrows really well, with the GT 22 Pros and UL 600's equally the best. I've never had two finicky bows like this that wouldn't tune with a bare shaft. I'm ready to try something else. And suggestions?

On my FireCat I rearranged the washers on the axle and used some of my own. I had to spend right much time tweaking th eFireCat to shoot broadheads well. :o I haven't really tuned the Alien-Z! I threw the bow together to get a feel for it and haven't touched it since. Since I got this -Z the week before the ASA shoot in London it hasn't really been tuned. I can see the arrow kicking left but it groups pretty good at least at 40 yards. Yesterday evening I was shooting consistent 3.5" groups at 40 and I wasn't shooting my best. I know I'll have it shooting better after this weekend.

KS, nice bow...I love the carbon fiber look....I love mine with my camo limbs.

Barry, I took my rest right off my Warthog and put it on my Alien Z and I never had to touch it. My grouping from 20 yards out to 50 yards was great. Arrow flight was perfect.

The centre shot on the Alien Z is like that of the Firecat and Warthog, it's on the outside of the grip.

I will try to get a picture to show you.

Serge

The string doesn't go down the center of the riser so like you my arrow is out from the riser quite a bit. A couple of years when I started fooling with the C.A.T. cam it was many days before I realized why the rest out to be out so far. I was eyeballing setting the rest by aligning the string down the middle of the riser! :doh: The C.A.T. cam doesn't have the string in the middle of the cam liek the Nitrous cams!!!

bfisher
06-11-2010, 11:22 AM
Referring to centershot, that's what I thought, too. I have never aligned my rest with the center of the riser, as viewed through the string. I have always aligned for what I call the dynamic center, or aligned with the string groove in the cam. It's just that these Cat and Hybrix cams seem like the rest has to be mounted "way out there". I believe mine was at 1 1/16" the other day and may need to go farther. We'll see.

Why the heck can't the design a Hybrix X system and make life simple. I'm getting too darned old for all this technical thinking.