PDA

View Full Version : let off question

pwimberly
06-11-2010, 03:05 PM
Anybody know how to adjust the let off on the Martin Firecat 2010. I have it set at 27 DL at about 64lbs. When I draw it back it feels like it wants to go forward pretty hard. Just trying to figrue out how to how it a little easier when holding it back...........

gibson 787
06-11-2010, 06:26 PM
Sounds like you need to adjust the draw stop. Try moving it back in small increments until it feels right.

polaris754
06-12-2010, 09:26 AM
yeppers what he said bit at a time :rolleyes:

scepterman30x
06-12-2010, 06:23 PM
Sounds like you need to adjust the draw stop. Try moving it back in small increments until it feels right.

Problem is moving the DS changes the DL even if you move the DS 1/16" it will change the DL 1/4" so it is best to set the DS at the correct DL and adjust the module or if you have a good understanding of how to properly orientate the cams you can retard or advance them to play with the % letoff. However even this will affect the DL. So basicly unless you are truly anal about it, it is better to:
1. properly orientate the cams
2.set the DS to the propper DL and then
3. adjust the mods to the desired % letoff

scepterman30x
06-12-2010, 06:27 PM
Problem is moving the DS changes the DL even if you move the DS 1/16" it will change the DL 1/4" so it is best to set the DS at the correct DL and adjust the module or if you have a good understanding of how to properly orientate the cams you can retard or advance them to play with the % letoff. However even this will affect the DL. So basicly unless you are truly anal about it, it is better to:
1. properly orientate the cams
2.set the DS to the propper DL and then
3. adjust the mods to the desired % letoff

Anybody know how to adjust the let off on the Martin Firecat 2010. I have it set at 27 DL at about 64lbs. When I draw it back it feels like it wants to go forward pretty hard. Just trying to figrue out how to how it a little easier when holding it back...........

Leave the DS where it is and move the mod to the next shorter DL setting. This will raise you % letoff without affecting your DL.

scepterman30x
06-12-2010, 06:30 PM
Leave the DS where it is and move the mod to the next shorter DL setting. This will raise you % letoff without affecting your DL.

Unless...(but I doubt it)your cable bottoms out in the mod before it touches the DS.