PDA

View Full Version : Limb exploded ??

Sagittarius
06-16-2010, 11:34 AM
I was just shooting my 09 Bengal and the lower limb exploded into 3 pieces ??
I just inspected this thing 3 days ago to make sure everything looked in order. Hell I was just braggin to a couple of hunters how great this thing is. I'm not so sure how I feel about Martin right now??? I've never had any problems this thing until now... Is this thing still under any warranty? I bought it online brand new at Bowhunters superstore. The only authorized dealer in my area is a jerk and I don't care to deal with him... Will it be OK to take it to someone I trust thats not a dealer????

gibson 787
06-16-2010, 12:53 PM
Sorry to hear about the limb, I know exactly how you feel it happened to me with my Warthog. When they're all in one piece, Martin bows are great shooters.

Luckily Martin are also great with customer service. In your case I would start by thoroughly checking out the rest of the bow to see if there was any more damage caused by the limb breaking, then I'd be contacting B H Superstore.

You are covered by a life time warranty and normally have to go thru an authorised dealer for repairs etc. B H Superstore is the dealer and probably will send you the new limbs and anything else that's needed. Not difficult to re assemble the bow, just make sure you take pics or draw a diagram of where everything goes. If you get into difficulty there's plenty of people here or on AT that will help.

Good luck

polaris754
06-16-2010, 02:53 PM
hey im a sag too and my bow just did the , i wanna blow up stuff too its on its way back to walla walla land , i know its sleepin on the way , so when it gets there it should be all ready to get fixed and come home sorry to hear about ur bad luc too :rolleyes:

Sagittarius
06-16-2010, 04:28 PM
What did Martin tell you ??? Can I get better limbs if I pay the diff??? How long did they say it would be gone??? It happened today and I already miss her..... ( I named her Laura after the Martin Babe)