PDA

View Full Version : Css on 09 Cheetah

wadlin
06-17-2010, 03:01 PM
hey guys

Does anyone know weather you can put the css containment cable system on an 09 martin cheetah?

upsides / downsides of doing it if it can be done?

and would it effect warranty?

Thanks guys/girls

polaris754
06-17-2010, 05:51 PM
i think u can put them on but i believe you have to change the cables , too make them a half inch longer , i have heard some folks use the same cables and turn down the draw weight , i dont think thats the best way ,as far as the warranty goes u be best be :rolleyes: callin martin ,but i think it would not have any affect on ur warranty :eek: hope this helps

J758
06-18-2010, 11:28 AM
Yes u can put the ccs on it with a longer cable I think right on the web site there are cam charts and stuff I would look there. I don't think that it is worth the trouble and I shoot the bone hunter (dicks name) same bow. Very nice bows. I'm shooting 289 fps with it at 70 lbs. I put a diffrent plastic piece on my carbon slide to make it quieter cause when its humid out it made it screch just a tad.

MastaMarksman
06-18-2010, 08:44 PM
hey guys

Does anyone know weather you can put the css containment cable system on an 09 martin cheetah?

Yes you can. Martin suggests to also install a 32" cable (comes with a 31.5" with the standard cable guard), but you can use your 31.5" cable. It will cause a ~5-10lb increase of your draw weight if you keep the shorter cable.

upsides / downsides of doing it if it can be done?

Upside: It's smoother, Quieter, Less Vibration, Looks Cool, Available in camo.
Downside: It's kind of expensive (~$50), especially if you factor in replacing the cable (Another ~$25) and Install if you can't do it yourself.

and would it effect warranty?

Nope. It's a Martin factory accessory, so your warrenty will be fully intact.

I did add it to my Bone Hunter (Cheetah) and I like it. But most will say it's not woth the $$.

HTH

-Masta

J758
06-19-2010, 07:48 AM
I think that this paticular bow is very quiet! At least mine is and I have done no modifications to it. Other than a fall away rest. I think its already smooth and quiet I had the money to buy. Mathews or hoyts shot them and then shot this bow and I liked how it felt better than any of the other bows! Gotta love martin products! I think a lot of archery is mental so what works for you might not be so good for the next guy.