PDA

View Full Version : New Pantera Cam Modules

Unregistered
06-22-2010, 02:21 PM
Just bought a new Pantera. The manual that came with it doesn't list the Acu-Track cam. I believe the modules change your draw length by one inch. What I can't figure out is, I have 7 modules (F-1 thru F-7), and the bow is only supposed to adjust from 26" to 31". Can someone clarify this for me?

polaris754
06-22-2010, 02:48 PM
what mod do u have on it now ?

Newmrtn4me
06-22-2010, 03:07 PM
F-5 mod is on now. Can you explain the rest of the cams?

Newmrtn4me
06-22-2010, 03:18 PM
Sorry , I wanted to ask if you could explain the rest of the modules also.

guntercb
06-22-2010, 03:24 PM
Did the bow come with all seven of the modules? I feel cheated at the shop I bought my bow they only gave me the module that was on the bow.

Cheers,
Chris

bfisher
06-22-2010, 05:11 PM
Did the bow come with all seven of the modules? I feel cheated at the shop I bought my bow they only gave me the module that was on the bow.

Cheers,
Chris

You did get cheated. Every bow with cams that use "F" modules are shipped with a full set of them. F1 thru F7. An honest dealer would have given you the rest.

Newmrtn4me
06-22-2010, 05:30 PM
Bfisher is correct the bow came with all the mods. Can someone explain what draw length is represented by each mod if the bow is only supposed to have 6" of draw adjustment? Why didn't Martin include the Acu-Trac Cam in the new manual?

bfisher
06-22-2010, 06:09 PM
Bfisher is correct the bow came with all the mods. Can someone explain what draw length is represented by each mod if the bow is only supposed to have 6" of draw adjustment? Why didn't Martin include the Acu-Trac Cam in the new manual?

Follow this.

F1...........26"
F2...........27"
F3...........28"
F4........skip this one
F5...........29"
F6...........30"
F7...........31"

Now don't ask me why Martin says that the F4 doesn't do anything. Obviously it has to be for some sort of draw length, and being as each mod goes up an inch I'd have to say it's for 29". Who knows.

Best way to figure out what the draw length is is to physically measure it. I never ever rely on the limb sticker on a bow for this information. It's very unreliable. Whether a bow measures what the sticker says ordepending on which module is on it, is totally dependent on whether the string and cables have been installed to bring the bow to it's stated draw length. If it isn't done before shipping then it should be done by you or the shop you do business with, a friend or someone who knows what they are doing.

Newmrtn4me
06-22-2010, 06:23 PM
Thanks for the info on the mods. I agree with your suggestion on measuring the actual draw length, thanks again.

guntercb
06-23-2010, 05:05 AM
You did get cheated. Every bow with cams that use "F" modules are shipped with a full set of them. F1 thru F7. An honest dealer would have given you the rest.

Bfisher,

Thanks for the information. I wonder how much Martin sells the modules for. I don't want to step into the shop I bought my bow from for this reason and several others. :mad:

Thanks,
Chris

guntercb
06-23-2010, 05:09 AM
Follow this.

F1...........26"
F2...........27"
F3...........28"
F4........skip this one
F5...........29"
F6...........30"
F7...........31"

Now don't ask me why Martin says that the F4 doesn't do anything. Obviously it has to be for some sort of draw length, and being as each mod goes up an inch I'd have to say it's for 29". Who knows.

Bfisher,

To make matters worse, I am pretty sure I have the F4 module on my bow!!! I will have to check tonight!!! Gosh, the boys I bought my bow should not be representing Martin. Seems like a nice bow, but I feel like I am out on my own as far as setting it up and maintenance. I kind of think I should sell my bow and go to another shop. :confused: Glad you are here to help.

Cheers,
Chris

Thanks,
Chris