PDA

View Full Version : Peep Twist Problems

treeclimbincanuck
06-26-2010, 05:33 AM
Hey Guys
I recently bought my first bow, a Pantera, and have to say I'm really happy with the quality and performance of the bow. I can already tell if I buy another bow it will probably be another Martin lol. The only problem I've run into has been string twist and peep twist. My bow has the stock string on it, will this problem stop once the string has stretched?? Is there anything that I can do short of buying a new bow string? Or should I just spend the money and buy a good string that won't give me these problems??
treeclimbincanuck

Sagittarius
06-26-2010, 05:54 AM
Give it a few hundred shots, then move it to where it lines up properly. Give that a shot no pun intended...

enovotny
10-04-2010, 10:50 AM
I had to buy a new string to eliminate the problem. I know I shot plenty of times to "break in" the factory string (over 300)

RobD
10-04-2010, 12:27 PM
Hey Guys
I recently bought my first bow, a Pantera, and have to say I'm really happy with the quality and performance of the bow. I can already tell if I buy another bow it will probably be another Martin lol. The only problem I've run into has been string twist and peep twist. My bow has the stock string on it, will this problem stop once the string has stretched?? Is there anything that I can do short of buying a new bow string? Or should I just spend the money and buy a good string that won't give me these problems??
treeclimbincanuck It will stop.After some shooting. You could get a peep sight with the Peep aligner That has a tube that hook to your bus cable. No matter if it twists,when you draw your bow it will line itself up. But you don't need a new string. Give it some time. Here's one to look at,so you know what to look for. http://cgi.ebay.com/Archery-Compound-Bow-PEEP-SIGHT-KIT-SUPER-LARGE-1-4-/120459674973?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c0bf4c55d

Hutch~n~Son Archery
10-04-2010, 02:28 PM
Break in period on most strings is approx 100 shots. And understandably annoying. If you have a d loop and it is tied right. You can adjust your peep as it breaks in. I've built custom strings, that are stretched properly, and they usually only take about 20 to 25 shots to settle in. If it didn't settle in and kept turning your loop is not right.
Hutch

Destroyer
10-04-2010, 08:06 PM
Break in period on most strings is approx 100 shots.

Yep, usually all it takes. If it keeps twisting, measure your ATA and if it keeps getting longer, you may need to do a warranty claim.

2010 Pantera?

Hunter25
10-05-2010, 03:00 AM
I've got the smae problem with my 2010 Pantera. I bought it in July and have put well over 300 arrows through it. The string continues to twist. My peep aligner is the only thing that saves me but still annoying. Many have suggested a new string, but the season open in like 10 days, so I am not sure I want to change the string out and go through everything this close to the season. I am just going to keep shooting it an hope that it straightens out. I have seen other posts that the string should be switched and that Martin is now aware of the problems and suggests a new string.

elkslayer4x5
10-05-2010, 10:42 AM
Yep, usually all it takes. If it keeps twisting, measure your ATA and if it keeps getting longer, you may need to do a warranty claim.

2010 Pantera?

Have you seen a price on Martin's new Hamerhead strings yet? :)

Destroyer
10-05-2010, 07:03 PM
but the season open in like 10 days, so I am not sure I want to change the string out and go through everything this close to the season.

I wouldn't change it being so close either, just keep an eye on the ATA. As long as its not too bad keep shooting. Yes, very annoying. ;)

Have you seen a price on Martin's new Hamerhead strings yet?

Nope, but I would like to. :)

Hunter25
10-06-2010, 03:07 AM
I actually called Martin yesterday. Talked to the rep for quite a while. While he was aware of the issue, he suggested tome to keep shooting and it should straighten itself out. Other options were to replace the string which I have decided to do and to keep the string waxed pretty good. After each session of shooting, it should be waxed again.