PDA

View Full Version : bows broke

polaris754
06-26-2010, 03:42 PM
hey barry if ur out there or anyone thats listen , i recieved my bow back yesterday from the folks at martin , just a little concerned and would like another opinion.they did not replace the string and im a little gun shy shooting it , do they fire them before they send them back?if not i think i ill give the kid next door first shot, just kidding , and also they changed the cam from a m pro to a m pro 2 ,will my original mods werk?and what will it change? my kisser and nocks are still on whats the chances they are in the same spot?and by the way a few small concern with martins service , meaning a few things missing but no big deal they handeled the repair very promptly, and i am very satisfied , i just hope this dose not happen again :D yep by the way my old limbs where marked 3 h ,and these limbs from what i can see have no markings at all ?

bfisher
06-26-2010, 03:56 PM
hey barry if ur out there or anyone thats listen , i recieved my bow back yesterday from the folks at martin , just a little concerned and would like another opinion.they did not replace the string and im a little gun shy shooting it , do they fire them before they send them back?if not i think i ill give the kid next door first shot, just kidding , and also they changed the cam from a m pro to a m pro 2 ,will my original mods werk?and what will it change? my kisser and nocks are still on whats the chances they are in the same spot?and by the way a few small concern with martins service , meaning a few things missing but no big deal they handeled the repair very promptly, and i am very satisfied , i just hope this dose not happen again :D yep by the way my old limbs where marked 3 h ,and these limbs from what i can see have no markings at all ?

The modules you have will work with the bow. As for the kisser and nocking point being in the same place? Probably not, but it doesn't matter anyway. You still need to do an initial setup and retune the whole thing just as you would a new bow.

I think you might like the MPro 2 cam. It's a touch more aggressive than the MPro so you should see a little better performance. As for checking the limb deflection, try looking at the underside the limb instead of the side between the Rot-cup and the limb bolt. With a little luck you'll see a three digit number under there.

polaris754
06-26-2010, 04:09 PM
what do u think about shooting it Barry , with the old string ?safe ? or not i really dont want to get wacked in the head again , even though i probally need it lmao!:D

bfisher
06-26-2010, 04:30 PM
I'd shoot it in a minute. Be a scaredy cat if you want. Me? I like living dangerously. Limbs aren't much of a problem. Many years ago I had a riser break in half as I stood at full draw. Now talking about a wake-up call.

alex
06-27-2010, 03:47 AM
Polaris, i'd use an eye protection the first dozen of shots - 99.9% you won't need it, but who knows.