PDA

View Full Version : help

polaris754
06-27-2010, 01:22 AM
hey Barry , or anyone ,from what looked like a perfect set up to me .{just got my bow back from martin} i just tried to shoot my bow ,and DAUM!!!!!!!! no matter what i do raise the nock ,lower it, raise the rest , or lower it ,turn this or that , i cant get this thing to even get close to shooting, the best i can tell it looks like the arrows come off the rest ,and immediately start to plan down , I MEAN I CAN SEE IT , if i just take a wild shot, and aim way above my target i can hit the bag something wrong real BAD!!!!!!!!! my right to lefts are all over the place and no matter what i do there adjusting it they are not consistant,i also cant lower my site low enough to even get close ,any ideas??????????? i think , i mean just a guess could the string have been damaged OR could i be possible the strings not on right ???? help!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

alex
06-27-2010, 04:08 AM
I can't remember what your bow was, but may be the problem is in the cam timing. Also check the kisser and the peep - if they are not on the correct spot this may cause the problem with the arrows hitting low and the sight which can't go lower. Try to find the right place for the nock - don't go high or low, just put it where it looks right it to be - when you put the arrow it must make a 90 degrees angle. And check the DL too.

Sagittarius
06-27-2010, 08:59 AM
Are you getting any fletching clearance problems ???

J758
06-27-2010, 10:22 AM
Sounds like to me it is a combo of the nock point and peep sight. Check your anchor point and have some one see where it is then maybe adjust your peep. I know nothing about cam timeing yet. Other than it needs to be perfect. I had the bow tec time them for me. But I did adjust my peep and nock point. I had a little problem shooting but nothing like your dealing with. Let me know when you correct your problem so I can learn too!

polaris754
06-27-2010, 01:35 PM
ok heres goes i moved the nock down nope no good, moved it up no good , ok i put a arrow on the string and lined the top of rest screw holes with the bottom of the arrow , ok , still shot low then i moved the rest higher, and the nock up , ok better , i now have sight pin adjustment , moved the nock down a little and it got better , now daum , i just got another rh , third one , ok im over that,now i have been shootin not to bad , but my only problem is that my nock is a little higher than my rest ,is this ok ? or should i take it to the pro dudes, i am only at 20 yds now , it dose seem to be a bit finickey compared too old set up , and my arrow always seemed kinna level , any ideas ? buy the way its a saber , > its all i could afford :rolleyes:

Sagittarius
06-27-2010, 06:00 PM
From what I understand the nock point should be just a little higher then the rest. Have you paper tuned or walk back tuned the bow at all???? If not try that first a little change can make a big diff.... Also as someone mentioned earlier is your bow a single or double cam system ?? Have you checked to make sure the cams are timed correctly??

Destroyer
06-27-2010, 07:51 PM
I had an awful time tuning my Pantera, always way nock high and nothing seem to be able to fix it. Bought a new rest and all the problems went away.

How I setup my bow initialy:

Set center shot, put an arrow on the rest and make sure that it measures the same distance from the side of the arrow to the inside of the riser on both the front and back of the riser. If each measurement is the same, then the arrow is parallel. IMHO this isn't critical to get good arrow flight.

Set the nocking point so the arrow is level using my R.S level combo (easy way). Initially, I don't set the nocking point any higher until I paper tune.

PAPER TUNE!!! The problem with watching how a arrow files is that sometimes it is deceiving. An arrow can look like its flying nock high but paper tuning tells a different story.

If you are getting good arrow flight THEN its time to setup your sight etc. One thing to remember, you need good form to be able to setup a bow. If you don't it can make things very hard.

polaris754
06-29-2010, 06:22 PM
hey guys i have been fiddleing with it and its not to bad ,not as good as it was before the limb broke , but all said and done its ok , i know it could be better , my bow is a single cam , its a saber, i have never paper tuned a bow , but it looks like that is what i am going to do next . it cant be to far off, the thing i notice now , is that before the limb broke i could shoot 2 in vains and 4 in vains and the point of impact was nearly the same .now with 2 in im in my spot ,and with 4 in im low and too the right about 2 in the folks at martin did change the cams too , they put the m pro 2 cam on , it is a little faster fer sure , i am getting almost total pass threws at 20 yds martin does have great customer service they really got it done fast and they did up grade it .really cant complain about that m my bow tech guy is in and out so i havent been able too hookup with him yet , i did want him to set it up but i couldnt wait the paper tuning thing will tel all . m going toset something up tommrow and give it a whirl:)

Destroyer
06-29-2010, 09:57 PM
going to set something up tomorrow and give it a whirl

Good stuff. :)

polaris754
07-01-2010, 05:42 PM
just a update , i thought my nock wash high . its not it is low my arrow flgiht with 2 in vains is not that bad with 4 in its right and low i know it is not right ,i did call dicks at dicks and the bow tech guy is still not in what should i do ?:rolleyes:

Destroyer
07-01-2010, 06:01 PM
If you knocking point is low then you need to either raise the nocking point by shifting your loop up or removing some twists in the string, or lower the rest if possible (easier). Could be a collision with the 4" so dust the rest with some powder, shoot the bow and see if the larger vanes are hitting.

The difference between the two size vanes could be that the longer vanes are hitting due to the low nocking point. The rest isn't out of the way quick enough due to the angle.

Btw, a slightly high nocking point is better than too low a nocking point.

brettbuchanan
07-04-2010, 06:41 PM
had the same problems. carred the bow my matin the the same place where i spent 800.00. for the wifes bow. had him to look at it. old bow was shooting pins. come to find out that the arrow was not seating center in wisker bis the arrow was to high way . there was nothing that i could to to bring it down. arrow was not centered to the boow